Mesa F50 vs. Fender Supersonic

The Keester

• Members

Both of these amps claim to do great cleans and nice gainy heavy tones. Both are similar wattage. Which one does it with more clarity and 3dness. I also play Gretches and want their Gretschy tone to shine through too.

I saw a blond F50 stack (head w/ two 12 inch cabs) in great condition for sale used for around $1749. Is that a good price?

Thanks

• Members

Both of these amps claim to do great cleans and nice gainy heavy tones. Both are similar wattage. Which one does it with more clarity and 3dness. I also play Gretches and want their Gretschy tone to shine through too.

I saw a blond F50 stack (head w/ two 12 inch cabs) in great condition for sale used for around $1749. Is that a good price?

Thanks

Well, used F-50 heads in excellent shape go for 700 on average. Are the 2 matching 2x12 cabs worth another $1,049 to you? (Mesa 2x12 Recto cabs sell for $400 all day...)

I'd offer them $1650 out the door at the most, if I really wanted to take it home then. Otherwise, you can score a rig like that for around $1400 if youre patient...

Archived