Went to GC today. Stayed an hour, only played one guitar.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I took my youngest boy to look at guitars. He wants one for his B`day in March so he wanted some hands on with some different stuff. He`s bugging the crap out of me right now. LOL

So anyway, I`m still thinking about buying a 7-string to dick around on. I`m not convinced I will use one that often so I don`t want too spend much. The guitar I`ve been looking at is the Ibanez RG7321. They are pretty cheap and built well. I like fixed bridge RG`s.

So anyway, they had one hanging up so I pulled it down and tried it through a XXX head and matching 4x12. Long story, short. I loved it. I played for about an hour without stopping. The guitar was in standard tuning so it was a little stiff, but I heard a lot of potential. I think in my standard 1/2 step drop tuning it would be even better. I even liked the stock pups ok. I thought they would be really muddy with a lot of gain, but they weren`t too bad.

Man the XXX has a lot of pre-amp gain. As much as my 5150 II. Just different. Less crunch and more fizz to me. Not bad by any means, just different. The 7-string sounded good through it.

I enjoyed it and probably will pick a RG7321 up in the near future.

Eric

• Members

i also have a 7321. i find the guitar to sound great with some amps, horrible with others. the basswood body is very dark and smooth sounding. great with my old fireball, horrible with my mesa f-100. i thought the neck was nice and thin with good fret access, but i hate how flat the fretboard on mine is. build quality on mine was very good, but the neck was a bit warped and it needed to be straightend out.

• Members

I had one....I rarely played it....ended up ditching it....I like it at first too...but the neck seemed beefy after a while..

Hmmm....I didn`t find the neck beefy at all. I thought it pretty much felt like a Wizard II, but with a little more C-shape rather than the flat back contour. I have to admit though, that it felt a mile wide. My hand got pretty tired quickly, but that may be because of the position I have to be in to even play the guitar. It`s very hard to play at all because of my shoulder injury.

I basically just riffed out for an hour. It was pretty inspiring and I came up with a bunch of great new riffs that just wouldn`t sound as good on a 6-string.

Eric

• Members

I had an Rg321 6 string for awhile..sold it abut 2 months ago..i changed the stock pickups out and had dimarzio paf pro in neck and d-sonic in bridge..guitar sounded awesome..never would stay in tune for me..i guess upgrade on tuners would have been ok...but i sold it and still lookin' to get something to replace it.

• Members
Hmmm....I didn`t find the neck beefy at all. I thought it pretty much felt like a Wizard II, but with a little more C-shape rather than the flat back contour. I have to admit though, that it felt a mile wide. My hand got pretty tired quickly, but that may be because of the position I have to be in to even play the guitar. It`s very hard to play at all because of my shoulder injury.

I basically just riffed out for an hour. It was pretty inspiring and I came up with a bunch of great new riffs that just wouldn`t sound as good on a 6-string.

Eric

I have one rg7321....it's a cheap yet nice guitar....but you really have to play a lot of time to get used to it.....At the beginning the hands get tired quickly as you said!:thu:

Archived