Looking for a amp with serious balls

ReighIB

• Members

Right now Im thinking about adding a new addition to my amp collection. At the moment I have a 6505+ with Genz Benz 412. When I first got it it sounded sweet and heavy but now since i had it for a while I just want to hear different amps. Since I mainly play hard rock/metal I would like to buy an amp made for those genre. The 6505+ and the genz benz sounds nice but sometimes the 6505+ sounds like its lacking the fullness and warmth Im looking for. Im looking for a amp that masters in the areas of rock/metal. An amp that sounds amazing and warm with chords and has gains that sounds brutal but clear with thrashy and technical solos. Simply put: an amp with serious balls:mad: . So if anyone knows what the hell im looking for please recommend me with some amazing amps. Thank you

• Members

I've tried listening to jackoffs playing their amps on youtube.com in order to get an idea of which amps cause my balls to drain with a quickness....

Bogners, diezel, etc.

I've dug the Engl's thus far. They sound folking EVIL. Even my Triple Rectifier is getting hard.....

• Members

Right now Im thinking about adding a new addition to my amp collection. At the moment I have a 6505+ with Genz Benz 412. When I first got it it sounded sweet and heavy but now since i had it for a while I just want to hear different amps. Since I mainly play hard rock/metal I would like to buy an amp made for those genre. The 6505+ and the genz benz sounds nice but sometimes the 6505+ sounds like its lacking the fullness and warmth Im looking for. Im looking for a amp that masters in the areas of rock/metal. An amp that sounds amazing and warm with chords and has gains that sounds brutal but clear with thrashy and technical solos. Simply put: an amp with serious balls:mad: . So if anyone knows what the hell im looking for please recommend me with some amazing amps. Thank you

Mesa Boogie MKII/III/IV with 5 band EQ and 60/100 or Simul-Class power.:thu:

• Members

Carvin Legacy

Bogner 101b

Bogner Uberschall

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (2 channel)

Soldano SLO100

Mesa Boogie MKIV.

Some good ones, but the Uber is probably overkill for the "hard rock" side of things, and I personally think the JCM800 has more balls than the DR. The 101b, SLO, or MKIV will definitely have some huge sounds in them.

What kind of "balls" are you looking for? Is metal or hard rock more important?

Archived