JVM is...

mightyjoeyoungxnj

• Members

Definitely man...I have all four channels roughly set up how I like em.

I'm just saying, if you guys like to do things differently great!! No sense in arguing about it ya know??

-Joe

right...But You asked what the 2nd Master was for and I gave you a couple different ways to use it. I was never looking for an argument

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

right...But You asked what the 2nd Master was for and I gave you a couple different ways to use it. I was never looking for an argument

I actually used your tip and set it up as a boost...Tried the mute thing as well and I dig that too. Regardless, it's a great amp...I'm happy..Weeeee

-Joe

• Members

I'm saying there are a million ways to mute, other than wasting a perfectly good solo boost on it that are far better ideas--like using your tuner or the standby switch.

I'm saying that you already have at least three things you can do to mute your signal, and choose which is appropriate for what task. Why use a forth thing?

I also mentioned as a side note, that I don't find the solo boost to be crucial, particularly on a four channel amp.

You've proven that you probably don't use a tuner, think it's uncool to hit standby, and don't care about turning down between songs or just didn't think to include that in ways to use a "mute" which is fine and a separate issue.

Stare at the titties. You'll feel better, I promise.

No,wrong again little buddy, I use a rackmount tuner and I wire it through my GCX's Unbuffered Feed Thru so it's never in the signal in the First place..

And I'll correct you again, Pulling your GTR volume down and MUTING are NOT the same thing... So let's start at the 999,000 way to MUTE shall we?

Maybe you should stop assuming stuff and try and learn a bit about how to use gear in different ways:idea: Believe me I'm here to HELP:thu:

• Members
No, I use a rackmount tuner and I wire it through my GCX's Unbuffered Feed Thru so it's never in the signal in the First place..

And I'll correct you again, Pulling your GTR volume down and MUTING are NOT the same thing... So let's start at the 999,000 way to MUTE shall we?

Maybe you should stop assuming stuff and try and learn a bit about how to use gear in different ways:idea: Believe me I'm here to HELP

Standby switch when switching guitars if that's the only function for the mute.

:wave:

• Members
Standby switch when switching guitars if that's the only function for the mute.

:wave:

Yeah and you can do that from across a Stage from the convienience of a Footswitch?

This is just other Option you can have with the 2nd master that Joe asked about...Why are you trying to fight it?

• Members

I actually used your tip and set it up as a boost...Tried the mute thing as well and I dig that too. Regardless, it's a great amp...I'm happy..Weeeee

-Joe

The boost is definitely a cool feature if you're not setting it up for power amp gain and just want a bit more volume with the same tone.

I wonder how the MVs are order... are they PPIMV, is one before the PI and one after (which would be REALLY interesting)... are they both before...

• Members

Yeah and you can do that from across a Stage from the convienience of a Footswitch?

Didn't realize you were playing arenas where you're 100 feet away from your amp and only allowed yourself 5 seconds to switch guitars mid set...

• Members

The boost is definitely a cool feature if you're not setting it up for power amp gain and just want a bit more volume with the same tone.

I wonder how the MVs are order... are they PPIMV, is one before the PI and one after (which would be REALLY interesting)... are they both before...

Not sure about that...But I'm just so surprised at how good the taper is on them.

-Joe

• Members

This is just other Option you can have with the 2nd master that Joe asked about...Why are you trying to fight it?

You asked, "Why not use it as a mute function?", I responded that that seemed entirely redundant, you responded with your, "Oh yea :rolleyes: :rolleyes: " attitude, and I've been responding in the same form.

• Members
You asked, "Why not use it as a mute function?", I responded that that seemed entirely redundant, you responded with your, "Oh yea
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: " attitude, and I've been responding in the same form.

But that's what you dont get..It's NOT redundant if you want to use it in the way I've outlined..
You thought you had a Good point and that mine was crap, Busted in the thread like a jackass and Now I'm Pwning you..

• Members

The point is, that is such a minor convenience in 99% of scenarios compared to other ways of doing the same thing that I don't view that as gaining functionality over a solo boost.

You can also Get a SOLO boost in many different ways..Pedals and EQ come to mind.. But does that make the 2nd master Redundant for a SOLO boost?

Even PWND you in the reverse....

• Members

But that's what you dont get..It's NOT redundant if you want to use it in the way I've outlined..

You thought you had a Good point and that mine was crap, Busted in the thread like a jackass and Now I'm Pwning you..

OMGorz! I'm DA PWNED?

Whatever man. If you're playing stages that are so big and your set is so important that you don't arrange for time to plug in and tune a guitar when you're switching to it (at least quickly check...), or to walk over and hit the standby switch, you probably don't need a solo boost because your sound man knows the solos and knows to up your signal. You'd probably also have a roadie and a wireless setup (because you've got to be that far from your amp) that would allow for switching without any plug changes or work by you, as a guitar player.

In any case, for 99% of people, it'd be far more useful to have a solo boost since the sound man probably doesn' know your songs that well and because it'd be no big deal to hit the standby switch on your amp, and because more people are using pedal tuners than rack mounted, that all in all, for the majority case, the solo boost is far more useful and is certainly LESS redundant than the mute.

The mute is one way to use it, but not a particularly more useful way.

• Members

You can also Get a SOLO boost in many different ways..Pedals and EQ come to mind.. But does that make the 2nd master Redundant for a SOLO boost?

Even PWND you in the reverse....

Except that requires you to buy something else, which I even mentioned. Where as anyone gigging has a tuner, and the JVM has a standby switch, and if you were talking about being quiet between songs (which I assumed was at least PART of the equation initially) the volume knob works fine, all things which are already there.

• Members

OMGorz! I'm DA PWNED?

Whatever man. If you're playing stages that are so big and your set is so important that you don't arrange for time to plug in and tune a guitar when you're switching to it (at least quickly check...), or to walk over and hit the standby switch, you probably don't need a solo boost because your sound man knows the solos and knows to up your signal. You'd probably also have a roadie and a wireless setup (because you've got to be that far from your amp) that would allow for switching without any plug changes or work by you, as a guitar player.

In any case, for 99% of people, it'd be far more useful to have a solo boost since the sound man probably doesn' know your songs that well and because it'd be no big deal to hit the standby switch on your amp, and because more people are using pedal tuners than rack mounted, that all in all, for the majority case, the solo boost is far more useful and is certainly LESS redundant than the mute.

The mute is one way to use it, but not a particularly more useful way.

You still dont get it? You need to swatted like a Fly..

Who cares about the situation it's used in..It's still a Viable option..Who are you to make that Judgement..People can and will use Gear in many different ways to get to a desired outcome

Just shut yer mouth and everything will be OK:thu:

• Members

Except that requires you to buy something else, which I even mentioned. Where as anyone gigging has a tuner, and the JVM has a standby switch, and if you were talking about being quiet between songs (which I assumed was at least PART of the equation initially) the volume knob works fine, all things which are already there.

Nope not only takin about being quiet in between songs...Wanna stop trying to put words in my mouth? I said a MUTE. It's a different Concept.

Dont try and backpedal, Just say you've learned something today and move on

• Members

You still dont get it?

Who cares about the situation it's used in..It's still a Viable option..Who are you to make that Judgement..

Just shut yer mouth and everything will be OK:thu:

OK buddy, it's obvious from your "amps owned" list that I should just listen to whatever you say.

We're all better for your wisdom, who would think that saying, "Well that's pretty stupid, I've got at least three ways of doing that that anyone can do with any amp (except truly class A amps which often don't have standbys) that work as well if not better, why waste the feature on that when the other way is much more powerful and useful" would erupt into a flame fest with this internet muscle man who PWNZ0Rs all who disagree with the usefulness of his suggestion.

I'm respected on here by those I care about, I don't post my laundry list of gear that's been in and out of my place to get respect, and I definitely know how to dish it out and how to respect others who deserve that. This isn't important enough to me to squabble over.

I guess there is a good reason in your 3700 or so posts I rarely come across you.

• Members

OK buddy, it's obvious from your "amps owned" list that I should just listen to whatever you say.

We're all better for your wisdom, who would think that saying, "Well that's pretty stupid, I've got at least three ways of doing that that anyone can do with any amp (except truly class A amps which often don't have standbys) that work as well if not better, why waste the feature on that when the other way is much more powerful and useful" would erupt into a flame fest with this internet muscle man who PWNZ0Rs all who disagree with the usefulness of his suggestion.

I'm respected on here by those I care about, I don't post my laundry list of gear that's been in and out of my place to get respect, and I definitely know how to dish it out and how to respect others who deserve that. This isn't important enough to me to squabble over.

I guess there is a good reason in your 3700 or so posts I rarely come across you.

Thanks for the Apology, now go away:thu:

• Members

Nope not only takin about being quiet in between songs...Wanna stop trying to put words in my mouth? I said a MUTE. It's a different Concept.

Dont try and backpedal, Just say you've learned something today and move on

The operative word was "initially" as a mute of some kind (done anyway) is useful for those playing high gain due to the nasty hiss they get on their amps that can't be shielded enough to compete with the circuit design. It's still a useful way to use a mute, so why put that down?

What have I learned? I learned you're a prik when someone disagrees with you and especially touchy if he treats you with the same disrespect you treat them. Not only that, but everything I said was more directed towards switching guitars, in case you haven't noticed by my mentioning of two techniques that allow that versus one that just makes things quiet between songs.

My my.

• Members

Having the ability to mute independantly of my instrument has been a godsend for me.I use the Boss NS-2 for this very reason.

Archived