could i find a korg m3 style keyboard on a small midi controller?

ereeno

• Members

I tried out the keys on a Korg M3 workstation at the music shop today. Wow! :thu:

I really liked the way the keys felt, nice 'piano-like' weighting, you can tell they really put some effort in there.

Does anyone know if there exists a smaller keyboard midi controller with similar nice-feeling keys instead of cheap ones?

I notice most keyboard synths don't really make keys like that so it's probably a rare thing (ex: the little phatty, or the dsi prophet)

• Members

I tried out the keys on a Korg M3 workstation at the music shop today. Wow!
:thu:

I really liked the way the keys felt, nice 'piano-like' weighting, you can tell they really put some effort in there.

Sounds like you tried the M3-88? The only small (under 73 key) weighted action board I'm aware of is a 61-key Studiologic VMK-161 Plus (not the organ model). I think outside the U.S. they have or had a 49 key version, too.

• Members

maybe try Arturia's controllers

I'm really looking at theri 49 key versions, can anyone vouch for its build quality and durability ?

I found one on display (in a Best Buy, of all places), and was generally disappointed. The build quality was pretty good, but the action didn't suit me at all. Based upon what I'd read, I was looking forward to trying it out. Disappointing.

• Members

My two favorite synth actions are the M3 and the Virus...I got a Virus KB (b is from year 2000 or so) with a case for 600, and it just kills the build quality of any controller I've ever seen. Aftertouch is very nice and it just makes me want to play it.

Downside is no usb so I have to use a midi-to-usb adapter when using my laptop.

Archived