no hard drive POWER cable with my WD hard drive?! what the fuck

freakk guitarist

• Members

what the {censored}

going to record a session today, went out and bought another hard drive, a western digital 250 gig. get my g5 all apart and am installing..........then i read in little grey print. "importiont, WD power cable not inclueded" what the {censored} is with that.... COME THE {censored} ON

UGHHHHHHH

• Members
what the {censored}

going to record a session today, went out and bought another hard drive, a western digital 250 gig. get my g5 all apart and am installing..........then i read in little grey print. "importiont, WD power cable not inclueded" what the {censored} is with that.... COME THE {censored} ON

UGHHHHHHH

{censored} ON THE COME.:idea:

• Members
what the {censored}

UGHHHHHHH

You're as dumb as they come :freak:

• Members

Unless it's external....

But yeah, you just plug an internal drive into the computer power supply.

considering he tore abart his G5... it's internal.. its possible he is talking about a power adapter... since SATA has come with old school power and new.

• Members

as stated in the western digital instructions, the western digital SATA cable does not connect power to the hard drive, only the data cable apparently. so there should be 2 cables, one jumper, then the power cable....and come on. im not an idiot guys i know the difference between an external and internal. i have a 300 gig external right now for backing up, a 160 in the g5 for programs music and videos, and i wanted this 250 as another working drive, for video, midi samples and audio files. and blarrgh shut up :blah: im not stupid. last time i bought a hard drive it was an old ATA hard drive that came with everything, i didnt know that apparently SATA drives dont come with the power supply cables

• Members

Dude you don't need a separate power cable!

You use one of the extra ones coming from the power supply. Look at the other drives (CD-ROM, DVD, etc). The power all comes from the power supply. Maybe you don't have any free connectors and they are all being used. If that's the case you can go to a computer store and get a molex splitter to give you one more.

• Members

some SATA drives require a funky 15 pin connector
http://www.pccables.com/01619.htm

So he may be correct...::)

Dude you don't need a separate power cable!

You use one of the extra ones coming from the power supply. Look at the other drives (CD-ROM, DVD, etc). The power all comes from the power supply. Maybe you don't have any free connectors and they are all being used. If that's the case you can go to a computer store and get a molex splitter to give you one more.

Archived