Full stack impedance matching

Zlandicar

• Members

I've got an 8 ohm cab and then a cab switchable between 4 or 16 ohms mono as well as 8 ohms stereo. The amp I'm running has two speaker jacks, wired in parallel, and the amp's output is switchable between 2, 4 and 8 ohms. Right now I have it set to 4 and am running the top cab in 8 ohms stereo, but the wiring of this cabinet is {censored}ing weird and setting it up this way causes it to only run one speaker, unless I use both of the stereo jacks. Is there a (safe) way to wire this {censored} up and run it all? I don't have any weird daisy chain cables or I'd just do that.

• Members

You might think about buying a Series box.

Which would consist of two input jacks that connect to an output jack which is then daisy chained to another output jack, yeah? I could just build that. Wanted to know if it was necessary first though.

• Members

I've got an 8 ohm cab and then a cab switchable between 4 or 16 ohms mono as well as 8 ohms stereo. The amp I'm running has two speaker jacks, wired in parallel, and the amp's output is switchable between 2, 4 and 8 ohms. Right now I have it set to 4 and am running the top cab in 8 ohms stereo, but the wiring of this cabinet is {censored}ing weird and setting it up this way causes it to only run one speaker, unless I use both of the stereo jacks. Is there a (safe) way to wire this {censored} up and run it all? I don't have any weird daisy chain cables or I'd just do that.

Well, obviously, if you run a cab in stereo and only plug into one of the jacks, you will only be accessing 1/2 of the speakers. That what stereo is. I'd just set the stereo cab to 16 ohms mono and run them in parallel, which will give you 5.33 ohms, or so. Use the 4 ohm setting on the head. Certainly not ideal but probably close enough.

Archived