Friday night gig report with a forumite's band

Sordid1

• Members

Friday night we played the all ages show at the house of bricks here in Des Moines. We played with Killpact, Dying Eyes (it was their cd release) and no kill. Megatron_69 is the guitarist for Killpact and he has a VHT UL thru a Marshall 1960 cab. I have to say his tone was absolutely monsterous and that guy has chops like nobody's business. They are on myspace so I would suggest going to check them out. The guys in Dying Eyes had a recto and a mark IV and sounded great as well. 496dart is the sound guy there and one of the best in the business so everyone sounded killer. I thought my tone was great thanks again to a great soudn guy! Anyway, nice to finally play a show with someone from the boards!

• Members

Hey Shane-It was very cool to finally meet you and hear your band.Great tunes and awesome Tone. First time I've actually had the chance to hear the JSX aswell. We'll have to do it again sometime.

Massive Props to Kevin (496Dart) as usual.

Thanks Don, I had a blast and we will definietly have to do it again as well. I forgot to mention but your new second guitarist was great as well and I thought his 5150 sounded really nice.

• Members

Very cool Shane, sounds like a good time for all and the HCAF contacts can't hurt!

Yeah I have to say for metal the VHT UL is one of my top three favorite maps.....just tracks so freaking well in the hands of a tight player.

Well I wasn't exagerating in the least when I said Don has serious chops. I can't actually remember the last time I saw someone in person with that kind of chops and his VHT sounded brutal as hell!

• Members

Your to kind........it's all Myles I tell ya.

Kevin's modding Garret, our other guitarists 5150 this week....I'm looking forward to checking it out.

You work with Francie don't you? If so tell her I said hi.

I don't think I know a Francie. I bet his 5150 will kill now!

Archived