New wavetable synth from Waldorf for iPad

Casio Man

• Members

Jeez man, the case for adding an iPad to my rig keeps getting stronger.

Thirded.

I actually run a computer-free setup, but I LOVE the idea of hooking up an iPad to one of those 49 key synthstations and just keeping that as a separate "mini studio" for jamming on the couch, on vacation, etc.

• Members

u guys never had any synth apps shutting down unexpectedly ? cause I get that sometimes with certain apps, though mostly are news/magazine apps. I have that concern

No problems with Animoog, Nanostudio, or Jasuto (developed by the same guy who developed Filtatron for Moog ) on my iPhone.

• Members

Yeah, I could use my Emu XL-7 to be my Voyager's "polyphony expander", but an iPad loaded with Animoog just looks and sounds like a better fit, especially with the ability to play a chord on Voyager over MIDI, and then reaching over to the iPad to modulate or even pitch bend just one or two notes of the chord by touching the corresponding onscreen keys.

Waldorf's new app is the latest addition to a list of potential softsynth partners for my Voyager. :)

• Members

thanks guys

if no reports on freezing, then I'm highly interested in getting ipad+ the new korg microkey 61. dammnit korg, if only it has midi out.

or guys, is there a way to get MIDI out from ipad ?

microkey > ipad > midi out port ?

fxxk it, i'd just get a microstation. but microkey 37's size is absolutely perfect for gigging/travels.

Archived