April New Gear Thread

Crazyfoo

• Members

nice! i think we're mixer twins!

salame.jpg

Cool :thu: Yours seems to have a different aux and master section? Mine has 8014 and 8015 modules there.

How do you like it? I just got it two days ago and haven't set it up yet, I just quickly tested the preamps to make sure the channels worked once I received it, and loved the sound :love: - although I'll have to spend a few weekends rewiring the ELCOs, because the previous owner had mostly wired it with XLR snakes, and I need 1/4"s for many of the synths / keyboards. I was actually looking for a 2400, but I could not find one in a year and 1/2, so when this one came up I got it. It's reportedly very similar to the 2400.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I've just bought:

immagine_1.medium.jpg

Now my setup is made by Korg m3+radias board / Korg Kronos 61 and the new baby NordWave

Out of interest was it the ''All KORG'' sound you were complimenting or more a consideration of user interface on the Nord as a useful addition... Maybe a bit of both?

:)

• Members

I travel a lot for business and I was looking for a small synth very portable and really powerfull, NW is the right combination

I really LOVE korg workstations, NW is something more, is an addition, I like very much and with the possibilities to import new samples is a very flexible tool

have a nice WE

Out of interest was it the ''All KORG'' sound you were complimenting or more a consideration of user interface on the Nord as a useful addition... Maybe a bit of both?

:)

• Members
Well, after years of trying various "upgrades" like the PC3 series and other brands, I went back to the PC1se and have decided for some strange reason, everything else seems weak in comparison. I don't know why it is so good, but there is something about the fact that it isn't toned down like the new ones, for all the layering, and new complex effects, and it just is so punchy when combined with the heavy weighted keyboard.

447491.jpg

Most of their stuff is not on my radar but I have occasionally listened to recent model demo's. Just listened for the first time to the PC1se, yep loads of punch... Well done for following your ears :thu:

• Members
Freaking out over how warm and trippy and spacy this monster is. Just pisses all over the Analog vs Digital arguments. Best purchase ever. Been loading set after set of 64 patches all pads, all sweeps, all fx etc...ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0807.JPG

jelly. always wanted one of these.

interface aside, better than the D-50?

• Members

jelly. always wanted one of these.

interface aside, better than the D-50?

Yeah, I think it sounds even better than the D-50. Four Tones instead of just two on the D-50. And dedicated pallette set of four sliders for control of a parameter on all four tones at once. I love the beasty.

• Members
I am very curious why, with your rather impressive list of gear, you bought that? Portability? Fun factor?

If that question was for me, I wanted something I could sit on the couch and noodle around with (instead of having to boot up my studio). I can practice some of my cover band's stuff on it or use it as a tool to expand my vocabulary a bit (sometimes by watching youtube tutorial videos). So, yeah....it's basically a toy. ;)

Archived