Straight or slant cab

StevenS

• Members

I'm thinking about getting a new Marshall greenback cab and am wondering whether to get the straight cab or stay with a slanted cab. Does the straight cab have more low end or are they about the same?

What do you guys use?

I'm leaning a bit toward the straight cab. If nothing else it looks like you can get more beer bottles on the top.:D

• Members
I'm thinking about getting a new Marshall greenback cab and am wondering whether to get the straight cab or stay with a slanted cab. Does the straight cab have more low end or are they about the same?

What do you guys use?

I'm leaning a bit toward the straight cab. If nothing else it looks like you can get more beer bottles on the top.
:D

I've heard slant cabs have more bottom end to em, and cause the two top speakers are pointed up it's easier to hear yourself when standing up playing infront of the amp, and i reckon slants look better

• Members

I've heard slant cabs have more bottom end to em, and cause the two top speakers are pointed up it's easier to hear yourself when standing up playing infront of the amp, and i reckon slants look better

I thought it was the other way around? Straight cabs with a straight baffle with 4 speakers working together would be punchy as hell and great bottom no?

• Members

I prefer Straight cabs myself, I find it easier to put stuff on top of it and you don't have to worry about balance issues. Some buddies of mine with slant cabinets (one of the cabs was a B-52 AT412, and the other was an Ibanez toneblaster cab, so they weren't high quality cabs) have had to put things behind the cabinet so it wouldn't fall over depending on the place they are playing. I guess you can hear yourself better with slant cabinets, because the speakers point up at you, but I'm able to hear my straight cab just fine in a live situation and I'm a pretty tall guy too.

Archived