AK-47's

MonikerLewinsky

• Members

i dont understand why people have to be so ignorant as to say "people who shoot guns for fun are idiots"
it's a sport- and it is fun to go out in a field or a shooting range with friends and tear the hell out of some targets.
people who get upset about that are the idiots.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dont understand why people have to be so ignorant as to say "people who shoot guns for fun are idiots"

it's a sport- and it is fun to go out in a field or a shooting range with friends and tear the hell out of some targets.

people who get upset about that are the idiots.

its a lost cause, anti-gun people dont use logic

• Members

I went out with my friend the other day to the shooting range (his back yard). He has a M24, some kind of Ruger rifle, an H&K MP5 (I think it's H&K), and a AK-47. The Ruger was awesome, but I couldn't get used to the AK. The M24 was the the most awesome gun ever. He had an 18X scope on it!

• Members
do yourself a favor and head over to
www.gunsnet.net
and go to the AK forum..

loads of good info.

Not sure what kind of AK they had for $420, though I'm guessing it was a romanian.

I've owned 3 ak's.. A Romanian SAR-1, a Romanian WASR-10, and a Yugo underfolder. The yugo was a little more money than the romanians, but the quality was much better. The SAR was definitely a good shooter though, and the WASR wasnt bad either, especially for about $300. WASR's tend to be hit or miss though, sometimes you get a bent gas tube or misaligned sights.

If you can find a SAR-1 for around $400, snatch it up.. you can tell the difference between the SAR and WASR because the SAR has a dimple in the receiver above the trigger.

But yeah, those yugo underfolders are so nice.
:rawk:

check out aimsurplus.com and southernohiogun.com , they both often have AK's for decent prices.

Thanks for the links, it is a romanian model but that's about all I know about it.

• Members

As someone who both shot and appreciates an AK-47, why the {censored} would you ever need one? Seriousely do you need to prove your manhood that much that you need a totally impractical weapon. Seriousely those things are battlefield guns and nothing else. Only people with a reason to have one and the proper training should be allowed to have them in their houses.

• Members

As someone who both shot and appreciates an AK-47, why the {censored} would you ever need one? Seriousely do you need to prove your manhood that much that you need a totally impractical weapon. Seriousely those things are battlefield guns and nothing else. Only people with a reason to have one and the proper training should be allowed to have them in their houses.

It's not about needing.

• Members

I think 90% of the anti-gun crowd would change their tune if they ever actually went to a range and popped off a few hundred rounds.

well, I only became pro gun CONTROL because I started being interested in guns and going to firing ranges. Once you appreciate whay they can do you never want them on your street.

• Members

well, I only became pro gun CONTROL because I started being interested in guns and going to firing ranges. Once you appreciate whay they can do you never want them on your street.

The ones on the street are purchased on the black market and the folks that have them on the street are probably already possessing them illegally. As the saying goes, more laws are not the answer, enforcing the laws already in place is.

• Members
That logic should not apply when it comes to an assult rifle.

Why? I live in America, it's not against the law to own one, so I'm good to go. :wave:

BTW- anti-gun peeps, I dont know anyone who has ever been shot by an assult rifle, I havent heard of any rise in assult rifle crime since the Clinton ban expired. I know a lot of people with them, but the last murder here in town was done with a ball point pen to the head. Seriously, why would you want ball point pens out on the streets after you know they could kill so easily.

• Members

Who do you think you are to dictate what's proper for another citizen to own anyway? The last time I checked we are still allowed to own nearly any firearm we choose, regardless of training or need.:D

Your statement holds no water.:bor:

• Members
Why? I live in America, it's not against the law to own one, so I'm good to go.
:wave:

BTW- anti-gun peeps, I dont know anyone who has ever been shot by an assult rifle, I havent heard of any rise in assult rifle crime since the Clinton ban expired. I know a lot of people with them, but the last murder here in town was done with a ball point pen to the head. Seriously, why would you want ball point pens out on the streets after you know they could kill so easily.

I'd wager the majority of gun murders are commited with .38s, 9mms, and shotguns, the overwhemling majority of which were stolen.

• Members

The ones on the street are purchased on the black market and the folks that have them on the street are probably already possessing them illegally. As the saying goes, more laws are not the answer, enforcing the laws already in place is.

agreed, but most of those illegal guns are stolen from people who own them legally or imported from states that have looser gun laws which allow people to buy like five AKs with barely any checks and sell them up the I95 pipeline to states where the laws are stricter. I actually plan on buying a chinese AK with some friends but the way we are gonna do it is we will store it at the range and own time shares in the gun kinda like a condo. I think thats the best option.

• Members

Romanian AK's come over as a "Pre ban" gun with a cobby 10 round mag. They then get the magwell hogged out by a trained monkey which means either he does OK or it's really bad. The Yugo and Hungarian ones are nicer. The AK is a rifle designed for conscript armies where weapons maintainance is lacking. They shoot fine if you put better sights on them and get good ammo. I know a couple of people who deer hunt with them and they're plenty accurate enough and the round is just about identical to a .30-30 which is probably the ultimate deer gun ever.

The people who are trolling on here about AK's and other "Assault rifles" only being for psychopaths and whatnot are just ignorant. I shoot an AR-15 pretty much weekly in 3-gun along with a Glock 9mm and my Remington 870 shotgun. It's a great deal of fun and teaches such important things as control and self discipline. I have an AR that can be used night or day and features an EO-Tech red-dot sight for faster target acquisition day or night. I don't keep it loaded in the house or anything but I do keep the Glock ready to go in the event of a break in.

What people need to understand is that you can't embrace one part of the bill of rights and then stifle other parts of the bill of rights. The first amendment says I have the freedom to speak and worship as I choose and the second says that my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed You can't have one without the other.

Here's my 3-gun AR...
New-CMMG2.jpg

• Members
agreed, but most of those illegal guns are stolen from people who own them legally or imported from states that have looser gun laws which allow people to buy like five AKs with barely any checks and sell them up the I95 pipeline to states where the laws are stricter. I actually plan on buying a chinese AK with some friends but the way we are gonna do it is we will store it at the range and own time shares in the gun kinda like a condo. I think thats the best option.

So... after all that you admit you're going to buy one, But you're more righteous about it because you're going to store it at a range?:rolleyes: To me it sounds like you don't trust yourself.

Archived