I need help with my amp--it scares me

puritanrodeo

• Members

I've got one of the 90 Fender Blues devilles and it was making some funny noises so i checked the tubes and the gain tube was microphonic. so, i replaced it. it seemed to do fine for a few weeks but now it's doing the same thing again and when i tap on the tube that was replaced...it's microphonic. could it be a dirty socket? any ideas:confused: Anybody have a similar experience??

• Members

might want to also check out the Justin's unofficial HRD page about a few fixes that amp is most likely going to need. And when I say need, I really mean need. There are certain parts that start to gradually go out on those amps that are going to need replacing. Maybe about $10 max (shipped) for the parts you need to fix it. So if your good with a soldering Iron I recommend it. If not take it to a tech to get it looked over. Most of the time it inst just the tube with those amps. (however, yes it could be the tube. And if it needs replacing I reccomend ordering from dougs tubes or Eurotube for JJ's)

• Members

Sticking tubes in a combo amp right behind the speaker just isn't healthy for the things. They have a much lower life expectancy in combos. Try another tube, dude. Preferably a high durability, low noise / microphonics type.

Archived