OT: Photo guys, took a trip to Chester Zoo...

rememberduane

• Members

chester zoo is a great day out - isn't it the biggest zoo in the UK now??

nice photos
:)

I'm not sure about it being the biggest, but more than likely and they're still expanding. It was absolutely wonderful. Thanks -- how are photos coming along for you?

I got the chance to see a bit of the north with my girlfriend (she lives near Sheffield). Got to see York, Nottingham and the Sherwood Forest, along with Chester Zoo and all the countryside on the drives in between all the above. Talk about a great 4 days.

• Members

I'm not sure about it being the biggest, but more than likely and they're still expanding. It was absolutely wonderful. Thanks -- how are photos coming along for you?

I got the chance to see a bit of the north with my girlfriend (she lives near Sheffield). Got to see York, Nottingham and the Sherwood Forest, along with Chester Zoo and all the countryside on the drives in between all the above. Talk about a great 4 days.

you prob drove past my house then :mad: I live near 5 miles from chester!

And my wife is from Nottingham so we go regularly to see her family. York has some interesting history too.

Photos are coming along fine, but I keep making schoolboy errors with shutter speeds and ending up with white photos :mad:

• Members

you prob drove past my house then
:mad:
I live near 5 miles from chester!

And my wife is from Nottingham so we go regularly to see her family. York has some interesting history too.

Photos are coming along fine, but I keep making schoolboy errors with shutter speeds and ending up with white photos
:mad:

Man! I didn't realize you were so close. Damn -- next time I'm headed down there I'll let you know. As for the rest of my time before exams, I'm going to check out Hadrian's Wall, Rosalyn Chapel, and maybe get over the Lake District (Cumbria?).

I thought Nottingham was interesting the way you have such rich history and architecture juxtaposed against a really industrial city. York is definitely interesting.

I still sometimes make those schoolboy errors as well, but I avoid them by shooting in aperture priority mode and just switching to full manual when I know the metering won't allow me to take a properly exposed pic.

• Members

I still sometimes make those schoolboy errors as well, but I avoid them by shooting in aperture priority mode and just switching to full manual when I know the metering won't allow me to take a properly exposed pic.

what is aperture priority mode????

• Members

:D
Oh man, you need to read your manual. You can set the camera so you just set the aperture (or the shutter speed, depending on what you need at the time) and it will set the other automatically. Comes in handy
;)

i need to read the manual :(

• Members

i need to read the manual
:(

:D When one is capable of reading the meter to manually set exposure, it just becomes time consuming to do so when you can achieve whichever DOF or shutter speed "effect" you're looking for in less time, so you get the shot, you know?

• Members

The pics of the frog, lizard and marmot are particularly good. But what did you do to the Lama?

:D Thanks.

I was waiting for someone to point that out. I have no idea what was up, but that was one PISSED looking llama, and he was like that for about 10 mins, haha.

Archived