OT-anyone wanna buy a kurzweil midiboard in philly?

• Members

darn!! how much does it weight?

why would somebody would want to seel their midiboard ?

I have one and although it's delightful in many ways, it makes a better desk than gigging board. It weighs about 90 pounds. The one for sale is not the "most-desirable" version 3 (you can tell by the parameter list--it's the same as mine, which is a version 2). I'd consider selling mine--I have another board with excellent action and actually don't much use the poly AT and it has some key bounce issues that get on my nerves--but then I'd need a new desk.

• Members

it does weigh around 75-90lbs. its pointless as a gigging board. all i'll say is this: those who are believers of the religion known as poly AT know why the midiboard is desirable. i'm selling only cause i got a V3 from a friend. if i can't sell locally, i'll consider shipping.

• Members

The one for sale is not the "most-desirable" version 3 (you can tell by the parameter list--it's the same as mine, which is a version 2).

IIRC, you could put V3 chips into a V2 unit making it fully functional as V3...except they didn't update the silk screened parameter list on the front panel on those units, so a unit that looks like a V2 in a pic could very well be a V3.

dB

• Members

IIRC, you could put V3 chips into a V2 unit making it fully functional as V3...except they didn't update the silk screened parameter list on the front panel on those units, so a unit that looks like a V2 in a pic could very well be a V3.

dB

Which I'd love to do for my V2 but don't know how--tried to learn a few years ago but ultimately gave up. The other difference (I'm told) is that the action on the V3s is made in Japan rather than USA and is somehow better. This is, of course, all internet talk, so I really don't know.

Archived