Tell me about this Marshall!!!

zakkfaerum

• Members

Hey people. Just looking for information on this head. It's a JCM900 MKIII 50 watt. A guy has it here for sale, and I'm just wondering where it stacks up compared to the other JCM900s and such. What is the going rate for this head?? Not for me to buy it, just to help inform him a bit!!

Thanks people!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/unisonthrush/JCM900.jpg

• Members

The JCM900 isn't the highlight of Marshall's offerings, but it's not terrible, either. They had diode clipping, which means that they have more gain than the JCM800, but they also don't have that typical Marshall "roar" that the JMP/JCM800 was known for.

• Members

Hey guys. I know what the JCM800 sounds like, as I have one of those. But where this is a JCM900 MKIII head, how does it differ from the SLX, Dual Rverb, etc??

the controls are set up like the SLX, and it has no reverb like the SLX. it's like an SLX but instead of an extra tube it's extra clipping diodes. but it sounds goood, ironically. it's my favorite JCM 900 head. that's not saying much tho.

in terms of going rate... $600? no one knows about them and no ones wants them. poor MKIII's... :(

:D

• Members

See there are some guys here who want to buy 2 amp heads off me for their band. A Stiletto Deuce and a 3 channel Triple Recto. I will still have my Dual Recto, so no worries there. They are trying to get this Marshall sold so they can afford to buy these amps off me. One guy has enough for the Stiletto, but the other guy is still short on the cash! Mentioned about one guy buying the STiletto and him trading his Marshall + $600 CAD for my triple. I do not have a footswitch for the Triple though. What do you think??

• Members

This Triple Recto is just sitting around here not getting used, because I also have a Dual Recto. I am trying these guys wanted to buy the Triple and STiletto from me at the same time, but one guy hasn't sold his Marshall yet. I was thinking about possibly taking the Marshall as partial trade. I will still have the Dual Recto, a JCM800 and my YCV15. I was just thinking that this trade might help move things along a bit. I dunno though. How many of you go through this on a daily basis?? hehe.

• Members

you have access to this amp, why don't you just go and play it? no one is going to have clips of this thing. it's not a very common model. not that JCM 900's are a clip-maker's favorite anyway.

it's brighter than the SLX, so don't go by any of those clips either...

• Members

Thanks for all the info guys. I have been looking around for info on this and its value etc. Just kinda seeing what its worth, around here it is way easier to sell a $600 amp as opposed to a $1200 amp. Just thinking things might move quicker if I do it this way. Thats all. I likely wouldn't keep it, just sell it off.

• Members

Yeah I totally agree, just that since he wants to buy 2 heads from me, both Mesas, i can sell one and get most of the money for the other one plus another head. Selling gear that expensive around here is tough. Who knows, maybe I will dig the 900.........

Archived