Amp questions???

Bloodsoaked

• Members

How would I connect my new Crate GX-130C Head into my Marshall MG Series 250DFX combo???

I want to use the 2x12 speakers as the cab for the Crate head. From what I can tell the Crate has 2 outputs (stereo). Would I use a Y cable from the crate to the (mono) FX return or since the Marshall is a stereo amp would I just use 2 cables from the crate to the marshall and go into both the left and right returns?

Also, would I use any of the effects on the Marshall including the volume or would I just use the crate for volume and effects?

Any and all advice would be great in this matter. I also have the following Boss pedals that I used with the marshall but I do not think I will need all when using the Creat head.

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal

Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor Pedal

Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal

Boss GE-7 Equalizer Pedal

From most of the post I have read I should get rid of the metal zone and use the EQ in the loop. Any other sugestions for the other 2 pedals?

Also, anyone that uses this head for death metal please let me know your settings and what channel you use. I just got the head.

Also, what kind of 4x12 cab is going to work best with the Crate Head?

I see people talking about GT-75's or Celestion G12H speakers? What is the best for Death Metal?

This head is also a stereo head so would I want to get a stereo cab (2 inputs)?

Oh yeah.....what is the deal with the different ohm's?

Thank you,

Peter

• Members

Its ultra simple, but certainly not the way you suggested. Yikes. Disconnect the speaker leads from the amp and then wire a 1/4" jack to the speakers. There you have it. Get your speaker cable and you are live.

How do I wire anything to the speakers?

Archived