Ibanez, making moves in the right direction.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, first you have to actually get me to believe that and then you'd have to show me pics of your arsenal. It might be difficult to get me to believe you so there you have it.

I don`t know about that guy, but I`m wondering who made you the "good guitar" police. I`ve been playing guitar for over 20 years. I started out on a Strat and have owned countless production guitars made in the USA, Japan, Korea, China, Mexico, Indonesia, etc. I`ve played guitars that cost a lot of money and many that didn`t. I`ve found out one thing. Anyone foolish or inexperienced enough to insist that one make of guitars is better than another is insane.

I`ve played a lot of totally crappy USA Gibsons and more than a few good ones. My first Strat was a MIJ model made in the early 80`s. It played as well as any guitar I`ve ever owned. I own two Ibanez guitars right now. A MIJ RG421 and a MII RG7321. Both play very well, sound good and are worth every penny I payed for them. Are they as good as a USA Jackson. IMO, better than some I`ve played but not as good as most. After all you are talking about a $1,500 difference. That`s comparing apples and oranges at best.

If it came down to it. I would buy a custom guitar before I would pay $2K for a USA Jackson. My Gutierrez Juggernaut smokes any USA Jackson or MIJ ESP I`ve ever played. I payed less for it than either of those guitars would cost. I still like Jacksons and ESP`s though. In fact I`ve owned multiple guitars from both companies and just bought a new ESP M-1. I expect it to be a smoking good guitar, but you won`t see me on here running other peoples choice of gear down because it`s not an ESP.

Why can`t people just buy what they want and forget about bagging other peoples gear?

Eric

• Members

Well, first you have to actually get me to believe that and then you'd have to show me pics of your arsenal. It might be difficult to get me to believe you so there you have it.

Aaah. OK, just for fun: :D

11805585930.jpg

11805585843.jpg

11805585872.jpg

11805585893.jpg

Now... I admit that as far as overall craftsmanship and sexiness goes, the Jackson owns the others, hands down. But when it comes to how the thing actually sounds and plays, I still prefer my Ibanez S to anything else. The Wizard neck profile, the edge trem, the weight and balance of the guitar, even the HSH p/u combination, everything just adds up to the perfect guitar for me :)

But I do think I just got an exceptionally well made Ibanez S... If you compare the pics with the LP (which is supposed to be made of far superior timber), the Ibanez rosewood is actually noticably nicer looking. Both are newly oiled, polished and restrung.

• Members

Do you guys realize that the new V, and the xiphos, are mahagony bodied, thru neck guitars with dimarzio pups, all for about $650? Sure they aren't for everyone, but that is a smoking deal when you look at it. I've had my rg470 for 10 years now, and she's holding up just fine!...

• Members

I've always been pretty fond of Ibanez (I've got 3 so I suppose that tells me something). I've also always liked the sound of Ibanez stock pups too - no accounting for taste I suppose.

FWIW I got myself an Artcore Violin Sunburst last year to learn jazz on - it's a very very very good guitar for the cash -

• Members
Why can`t people just buy what they want and forget about bagging other peoples gear?

Eric

EXACTLY!!!

Of Course I'm a Gutierrez fanboy (I work for him) BUT I also own Gibson, Fender, ESP, Peavey, and even an SX Bass.....

There are some really nice guitars out there, ALOT of them I can stand, not because of the name on them but because I dont like the way they feel, sound, or look. Period. I dont like PRS. not because I think they suck or are {censored}ty guitars, I just dont like the feel of them.

Now being technically employed by guitar builder, doesnt give me the right to bag on other peoples gear, and I wouldnt do that anyway. Hell, I saw a guy in a local band playing a bottom line Ibanez and a Crate S.S. Half Stack, and was getting some KILLER Blues tones out of it....

Sorry if this is scatterbrained, I've had 3 hours of sleep and I'm at work.

:D

• Members
Aaah. OK, just for fun:
:D

11805585930.jpg
11805585843.jpg
11805585872.jpg
11805585893.jpg

Now... I admit that as far as overall craftsmanship and sexiness goes, the Jackson owns the others, hands down. But when it comes to how the thing actually sounds and plays, I still prefer my Ibanez S to anything else. The Wizard neck profile, the edge trem, the weight and balance of the guitar, even the HSH p/u combination, everything just adds up to the perfect guitar for me
:)

But I do think I just got an exceptionally well made Ibanez S... If you compare the pics with the LP (which is supposed to be made of far superior timber), the Ibanez rosewood is actually noticably nicer looking. Both are newly oiled, polished and restrung.

Well, first that LP is not a Custom LP try comparing a Custom LP to the Ibanez. You also didn't show a Soloist. Sorry my man it still stands, until you show me a Soloist that "you" own and play.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ibanez, they're cool but they're not Jacksons. Come on you're not getting Ebony fretboard and an imitation of a Floyd and as far as sound..Basswood can't touch Mahogany or Alder. Can't compare man.

I have no problem anyone liking even a $400 guitar or cheaper versions of top guitars but I have to step in when someone says "cheaper made guitar with floyd copy and flat, dull sound is better than a Jackson Soloist". That's just never going to be true. Bottom line if you own a Soloist and have played one, you're not saying any Ibanez is better.

Well, I don't want this turning into a stupid argument but I just had to throw in my 4 cents. Btw, nice guitars and that is a nice Ibanez.

Archived