Has anyone played a Voodoo modded DSL100?

bobefann

• Members

pm bigmark and see if he has. his buddy has one. ive heard it numerous times he swears by it but i can't really tell how it sounds alone because the guy is an awesome player and its always in a band situation when i hear it. i think some of the fizz is still there that those amps are known for but then again it just may be the way he has it dialed in.

• Members

i had my 2000 modded by FJA- and NONE of that "fizz" is therre anymore.
it is a completley bad-ass amplifier.
JCM 800 on the crunch chanel - no noise or feedback, and more gain sturated on the lead chanel with a little bit of noise/feedback- but controllable,and i dont have any noise gates or anything.
i highly recomend FJA.
(i had a MM OT and choke installed and had it modded for metal tones)

• Members

I have a DSL50 with the voodoo deluxe mod and it's been my favorite amp ever since. Believe me the 50 watts is plenty loud enough and is louder than most of the 100 watters I've had. There is no fizzy or fuzzy sounds in the distortion. You can play a minor 7 chord on OD2 with the gain cranked and you can hear all notes w/out it getting cluttered or muddy. Single note definition is full yet clean. The clean channel is improved too.

This page has some 2 minute clips http://cdbaby.com/cd/kurgansbane2 The voodoo dsl were used for all clips. Same with this song http://www.kurgansbane.com/audio/KURGANS_BANE-Asstro.m3u :thu:

• Members

Sounds like you got the FJA Deluxe Mod, eh 9ball?

I don't have a "Deluxe" mod. I have a mod and several options to get someone the tone they want. Not everyone needs a Mercury transformer just so I can make more money.

Jerry

• Members
Not everyone needs a Mercury transformer just so I can make more money.

True, not everyone needs a new OT when an amp is modded, but some people do. Including your customers, which is why I suspect you order from Mercury yourself.

• Members

True, not everyone needs a new OT when an amp is modded, but some people do. Including your customers, which is why I suspect you order from Mercury yourself.

Some customers yes, not all of them. Mods aren't one size fits all.

Jerry

Archived