The Detune feature on the G-Major is actually not bad...

Random Hero

• Members

You've not been on MSN in ages LTK.

Yeah...been going through some crazy s--t lately. Been taking a little internet break and working my butt off. I have that cabinet I ordered set to be shipped on the May 15th and I've been pumping some hours at work to make ends meet.

Miss chattin' with ya though mang:(

How's the Mark IV been treating ya??

• Members
Yeah...been going through some crazy s--t lately. Been taking a little internet break and working my butt off. I have that cabinet I ordered set to be shipped on the May 15th and I've been pumping some hours at work to make ends meet.

Miss chattin' with ya though mang:(

How's the Mark IV been treating ya??

Ahh I see. The cab will be cool :cool: You should get online if you can sometime soon, bro.

The Mark IV is great, just... great :love:

• Members

Absolutely spot on. You say it as if you've heard it before?

Sorry just seen this.

Been studying loads of clips, and that's the overall vibe I got. Many people do get rid of them for that exact reason, and seeing that you're quite a Mesa-head, I took a lucky guess and assumed that's the reason you've let it go as well.

• Members

Sorry just seen this.

Been studying loads of clips, and that's the overall vibe I got. Many people do get rid of them for that exact reason, and seeing that you're quite a Mesa-head, I took a lucky guess and assumed that's the reason you've let it go as well.

Yeah. I also found it sounded better at lower volumes too. I felt it sounded and felt like a solid state amp at any decent volume. I sold it after the first time of cranking it properly - I just knew it wasn't right.

• Members

Oh that first (cranked) impression....counts so much doesnt it!

I tried a friend's Rockerverb, cranked it up, and had just that very same feeling.

Yep. I could just tell. Sometimes an amp needs working with, but even so, you can still kinda tell whether or not you going to like it. I just knew I was wasting my time with the Herbert.

Great clean channel though.

• Members

If you set it to 100%, mix 100%, delay to 0ms, you can actually get it half a step down, and whilst losing
something
in the tone, it's actually ok.

REALLY? hmm. I've been looking for something better than my digitech whammy for quite some time. Have you ever tried the drop tune on the Whammy-just wondering how it compares. The whammy changes the tone drastically and has a warbley sound if you hold notes out very long-yuck!

• Members

It's something Derren Brown said. If you've never checked him out, see if you can download "Derren Brown - The Heist" and you'll see it used on there. :)

It bears no real meaning on here, but I liked the way he used it on the show.

• 8 months later...

Archived