EBMM Petrucci trem question

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I got my petrucci.... awesome guitar. however, one thing I'm kinda disappointed with right now is it doesn't seem to have much up-pull on the trem... that was a big thing for me wanting a trem in the first place. I want lots of give both for dive bombing and for pulling up. I read that you can set it up so it floats more and has more up pull, can anybody tell me how to do that?

also, would I have to shim the neck to raise it higher to keep a nice low action while having the trem floating higher up (to give more room for pulling up)?

thanks

• Members

You can adjust the springs so they have less pull on the bridge (loosening the springs) I wouldn't go crazy, but I'm sure a couple of turns will give you a reasonable change. I wouldn't shim the neck, try to get the adjustment from the saddles. Also remember that bridge is not a floyd and the more you push and pull on that thing the worst your tuning will become, but you know that:thu:

Btw don't forget you'll need to intonate after getting everything set the way you want it.

• Members

As stated earlier, loosen the screws holding the springs in. One turn should be enough, though it won't immediately be apparent. By the time you get your guitar back in tune, will take you probably 30 minutes of tuning and retuning, it will be raised enough to get you where you need to be.

Archived