bogner uber cab questions

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I have a bogner standard cab, and I want to take out two of the v30's and replace them them with t75's like the uber cab, but I was just wondering how the uber cab is wired up... because it's an 8 ohm cab, and the standard cabs are 16's... have any you checked and seen? do they just use all 8 ohm speakers or what? two 4 ohms and two 16 ohms?

I'm just wondering, because i'll most likely just get two 16 ohm t75's and have it wired 16ohms... but, I was wondering what the reasoning for making the uber cab 8 ohms was...? is it going to sound different being 16 ohms, even with the same x pattern?

also, on the ubercab, where are speakers placed? are the t75's on the top-right & bottom-left, or top-left & bottom-right?

thanks...

• Members

I have a bogner standard cab, and I want to take out two of the v30's and replace them them with t75's like the uber cab, but I was just wondering how the uber cab is wired up... because it's an 8 ohm cab, and the standard cabs are 16's... have any you checked and seen? do they just use all 8 ohm speakers or what? two 4 ohms and two 16 ohms?

I'm just wondering, because i'll most likely just get two 16 ohm t75's and have it wired 16ohms... but, I was wondering what the reasoning for making the uber cab 8 ohms was...? is it going to sound different being 16 ohms, even with the same x pattern?

also, on the ubercab, where are speakers placed? are the t75's on the top-right & bottom-left, or top-left & bottom-right?

thanks...

Just buy 2 GT-75's with the same ohm rating as the V30's in your Bogner cab.

It should be printed on the edge of the speaker frame I think :)

• Members

Just buy 2 GT-75's with the same ohm rating as the V30's in your Bogner cab.

It should be printed on the edge of the speaker frame I think
:)

they're 16 ohms. I think all the standard cabs are 16 ohms, and from what i've seen ALL ubercabs are 8 ohms... and I was wondering why that is. might not be any big deal, but I was curious. would like it matching as close as possible to the real uber cab

• Members

they're 16 ohms. I think all the standard cabs are 16 ohms, and from what i've seen ALL ubercabs are 8 ohms... and I was wondering why that is. might not be any big deal, but I was curious. would like it matching as close as possible to the real uber cab

You would have to replace all 4 speakers in your cab to match the ohm rating of the Uberkab then, but I would think it would sound close enough IMO :)

• Members

The uber cab has 8 ohm speakers. If you have 16's you need to stay with 16's unless you want to replace all the speakers. I put 2 V30's in my Marshall cab and, it had all 75's. I did the X pattern thing and I like it a lot. I run the cab at 4 ohms when I only use that cab but if I use 2 cabs I run both at 16 ohms. Marshall cab has the 2 inputs 16 or 4 ohms.

You can't wire 4 16 ohms speakers to be 8 ohms. It's either all 4 in parallel which makes 4 ohms or 2 in series and both series pairs in parallel making 16 ohms. The uber has that config 2 8's in series making 16 than the 2 series pairs in parallel making 8 ohms.

Archived