Adding pitch bend and Mod wheel to a nord electro 3?

Amigo

• Members

Hi, I asked about this on some other forums and got a pretty negative response. I don't think it can be done internally - if it could be, I would have done in a long time ago!

Have a look at this thread from elsewhere, which mentions external options:

http://www.norduserforum.com/nord-electro-forum-f9/nord-electro-3-receive-midi-modulation-pitch-bend-t3086.html

The NE3 is a great instrument in some ways, but incredibly limited in other ways - this is one of them. I guess its Nord's way of trying to get everyone to upgrad to the Nord Stage 2...

• Members

Hi, I asked about this on some other forums and got a pretty negative response. I don't think it can be done internally - if it could be, I would have done in a long time ago!

Have a look at this thread from elsewhere, which mentions external options:

The NE3 is a great instrument in some ways, but incredibly limited in other ways - this is one of them. I guess its Nord's way of trying to get everyone to upgrad to the Nord Stage 2...

ya I'm not interested in using a whammy pedal, which would not sound even close to the same as a pitch bend. I'm just curious if I could use an external option along with the nord to control a synth that does support pitch bend mod wheel inputs. like say a tetra.

• Members

If either the NE or the external pitch/mod unit supports MIDI merge, then yes, you can use it the way you want. You'd set them both to the same MIDI channel, and daisy-chain them (MIDI out of one to MIDI in of whichever supports merge, then to the tetra or whatever).

Ideally, you'd want the pitch/mod unit at the end feeding into the NE feeding into the tetra, simply because MIDI merge adds a little latency. A little latency wouldn't be nearly as noticeable on mod/pitch wheels as playing notes.

I don't think the NE supports MIDI merge, though, so you'd want a pitch/mod box that does.

Archived