Heavy Rockers & Metalheads - Tell Me About This Rhythm Axe Clip

Megadeth Man

• Members

I'd be grateful if you can give me your thoughts on this basic rhythm axe clip I did a while back just so I can get some points of reference with y'all, tone and style wise.

Firstly, do you agree with any or all of this statement: "It's classic rock riffs, nothing meaty and thick at all, not modern sounding."

Secondly, feel free to throw any other comments you like, about any aspect, be they negative, neutral or positive. You won't offend me.

Thirdly, take into account that this was just a rough scratch track for my own purposes, not intended for public listening. I took no care in trying to record some mind blowing tone, riffs or finished product. It has not been mixed or processed beyond setting a level and pan. It was recorded using an El Cheapo computer mic and onboard PC soundchip. It sounds more scooped than it was, that's just the soundcard, mic and random angle. Also the valves had been used for 15 years.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=24266

• Members

{censored}ing hell, this really is like squeezing blood out of a stone. :mad:

I posted a clip a week or two ago and the thread had 9 views and 0 replies; 2 of those views must have been mine. What the {censored}? I suppose Ed DeGenaro's clips normally get about 2 replies so I'm in good company there. ;)

Seriously though, I'm just trying to gauge your perceptions. This isn't some kind of bizarre trap or trick and I'm definitely not fishing for compliments or anything. :lol:

Archived