OT: Story behind your moniker...

JBecker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Easy. I got my tung oiled, unfinished koa Carvin in '94, loved it, became a freak. The tone, the feel, the look and it's fairly light as well. So many unfinished koa guitars are breathtaking.

I'm still on the lookout for a nice San Dimas Charvel Koa and a (USA) B.C. Rich Eagle koa. :cool:

• Members

Well....I have been using the name Brandenburg or the shortened form of Branden for around 7 years now...No longer in any groups but the name lives on:thu:

I used to play a game called Close Combat III and I joined a gaming clan in 12/24/2000 and used the name Brandenburg..... the group was Kampegruppe, so my name KG_Brandenburg... you will see this name fairly often at another forum called Wargamer.com when im not here... I also joined another group and it was called God knights.. That was coincidental I thought.. The tag was GK_Brandenburg and no.. it wasnt planned that way.. it just sort of happened. On the subject of Close Combat.. The new game that is derived from CCIII called Close Combat : COI kicks ass

the name Brandenburg was derived from a special German unit that was formally formed in September 15th,1940 in the city of Brandenburg and was subordinated to the Deutche Abwehr(German Intelligence).. The organization started out as no more than a companie in strength in 1939 to a full division in 1944 will all the support units that a division has available to it. This unit also became part of the Grossdeutchland Corps(Greater Germany) around this time. These units faught incredibly well and were as highly trained as the US Navy Seals or the UK SAS in the early days(pre-42). Some men had control over as many as 7 diferent languages,para training,infiltration,etc.

This is a modified avatar of the clan avatar I used.. It is a divisional symbol of the Brandenburg Unit. A stahlhelm with a Brandenburg crest in it. Kinda proud of it as I made it out of 2 pics (helm and crest)and touched them up a bit
Avator-1.jpg

If any are interested in this unit, I highly recommend a book called KOMMMANDO by James Lucas.. ISBN # 0-304-35127-x and is probably around $9.95
BTW.. My last name is REICH... Go figure:D

Archived