WAH -- help me pick a nice one for high gain leads...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Dunlop 535Q, CFH, Slash, or the rackwahs

Morley Bad Horsie

Silvermachine

Possibly a Budda or Teese, depending on how much gain ya like :) I had a custom RMC3 for awhile and while it killed with classic rock stuff, it didn't really cut enough for high gain.

• Members

I'm gonna vote for the Bad Horsie.

I never really got on with the switching system on cry babies... I don't like leaning too hard on peds. The optical switchless on the BHs rule. When you're done, foot off and its off automatically.

I loved mine (Shame it got nicked).

Saying that, I never really liked it with the marshall I seem to remember... not sure why.

• Members

TBH the only way you can make this descision is go to a store and try em.

I tried for ages on here to get a wah recommendation until I just went in and tried em. What works great on your set up may not go too well on someone else's.

I tried a budda, ibanez weaping demon, buncha cry babies and a Teese with a rediculous USED price tag on it. I left with the Morley. But hey, someone else may have gone for the 535!

• Members

Is it possible to leave a switchless wah cocked in one position, to work kinda like a filter? I've never played one.

Most of them are spring loaded (morleys are anyway) so no. Unless you remove the spring.

Anyway, for wahs I reccomend the morley mark tremonti model - really nice sound and a variable boost. I'll never use a switched wah again - so much nicer to use.

Archived