Are your fingers more flexible on your fretting hand?

WillShrdForFood

• Members

I've just been sitting here bending my fingers backwards on the edge of my keyboard table, and I noticed that the fingers on my left (fretting) hand can bend backwards a lot farther than the fingers on my right hand...

Are you guys the same way?

Yes, and your picking hands 1st finger is probably bent too because of the pick holding.

• Members
Yes, and your picking hands 1st finger is probably bent too because of the pick holding.

My fingernail on my right index finger is worn down permanently from picking so hard. The fleshy tip of the finger is also kind of flattened compared to the rest.

Eh well! :o

• Members
My fingernail on my right index finger is worn down permanently from picking so hard. The fleshy tip of the finger is also kind of flattened compared to the rest.

Eh well!
:o

That's a small price to pay!:o

• Members

I write left handed, so that could be another reason. I'm also a mechanic, so my hands are pretty strong, too. I can break open walnuts with bare hands. That's always a fun party trick. :lol: though I wish I could pick left handed, because I can play a song with all hammer-ons and pull-offs on a lefty guitar. I just can't get my left hand to pick as fast as my right hand.

Archived