FAFSA question for college students

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Listen (fellow college student here and recipient of several scholarships on top of my full tuition). Its par for the course to have additional undeclared funds. College is expensive. Fafsa has enough money. As a person who is (more like was) probably in more need than you of funds, I'm not mad at you. This is why people have swiss bank accounts.

• Members

Listen (fellow college student here and recipient of several scholarships on top of my full tuition). Its par for the course to have additional undeclared funds. College is expensive. Fafsa has enough money. As a person who is (more like was) probably in more need than you of funds, I'm not mad at you. This is why people have swiss bank accounts.

I was in need of funds when first starting too (this fall will be the beginning of my 3rd semester) but after saving for a while, not so much anymore, but it'd still be nice to get the aid. I consider it a big reward for doing so well and getting that 100% scholarship. this is aid I would have qualified for either way. it seems like according to some of the people that posted, I should not get it just because I have a scholarship and already have classes payed for... which is bull{censored}. it's not my fault other people didn't earn scholarships.

by the way, my parent (singular) has no money whatsoever... he's a carpenter. I come from a family with very little money. the money I have now I figure I earned by earning myself a scholarship. I made college life a lot easier for myself by getting a scholarship, allowing me to use the extra grants and financial aid for gas, car insurance, and other stuff. :)

oh, and if it helps the bitter guys here feel any better.... picture it this way, financial aid pays for my classes, and then I am refunded the money from my scholarship. either way, it ends with the same result

• Members
I was in need of funds when first starting too 2 years ago. but after saving for a while, not so much anymore, but it'd still be nice to get the aid. it's a big reward for doing so well and getting that 100% scholarship. this is aid I would have qualified for either way. it seems like according to some of the people that posted, I should not get it just because I have a scholarship and already have classes payed for... which is bull{censored}. it's not my fault other people didn't earn scholarships.

by the way, my parent (singular) has no money whatsoever... he's a carpenter. I come from a family with very little money. the money I have now I figure I earned by earning myself a scholarship. I made college life a lot easier for myself by getting a scholarship, allowing me to use the extra grants and financial aid for gas, car insurance, and other stuff.
:)

oh, and if it helps the bitter guys here feel any better.... picture it this way, financial aid paying for my classes, and then I am refunded the money from my scholarship. either way, it ends with the same result

Im not knocking, my parents had money but not enough to cover all the expenses of college. FAFSA wouldnt give me a dime... Either way.. I scored a job that pays 100% tuition so Im all good now. Im halfway done but its taken me almost 3.5 years to get this little way.

• Members

Im not knocking, my parents had money but not enough to cover all the expenses of college. FAFSA wouldnt give me a dime... Either way.. I scored a job that pays 100% tuition so Im all good now. Im halfway done but its taken me almost 3.5 years to get this little way.

I've already gotten money from fasfa before. already finished 2 years of college.... maybe you didn't fill things out correctly, I've gotten atleast a grand each semester though

• Members

If you dont take the money from fafsa, some black dude or mexican will, because after all, it seems thats ALL they give it too. i didnt get {censored} from fafsa, {censored} them. Next time i fill it out, im a single dad, 3 kids, and mexican with a job at mcdonalds. Then maybe ill get some $$. If you can get it, you might as well, since its coming from your taxes anyways. :thu:

I say you drop like 7 bucks in the account. Dont make it 5 or 10, make it a weird number.

As far as online, etc, why not use your friends card, and give them the money, or cod it ;)

• Members

You guys dont even want to know how much I get every quarter from fafsa/calgrants (california grants for grades). I graduate on the 16th of this month and only have 8k of loans. I begin my graduate work next fall, that is where they {censored} ya! 50k of loans for my graduate school is my estimate :( Then I also have my doctorate program to worry about. Just for the record I am mexican so maybe the guy above is right, I don't work at McDonalds though, or have kids :(:blah::freak::wave::bor:

• Members

I've already gotten money from fasfa before. already finished 2 years of college.... maybe you didn't fill things out correctly, I've gotten atleast a grand each semester though

i'm not sure what actually causes people to qualify or not, but right outta highschool i was in a very similar situation to trey85stang; family was struggling to get by and according to the FAFSA results i didn't qualify for jack

i really wish we would've understood everything better when i was in highschool, i'd be done with school by now...buuuut {censored} happens, i'm not doing too bad, no real regrets

• Members

i got {censored} from fafsa and i'm asian.

you won't get anything from FAFSA based on race, that much i know...however, there are a ton of minority scholarships available

i work with a family of colombians, and i've seen 5 of them go thru school without paying a dime between financial aid and minority scholarships; and they put very little effort into seeking out and applying for the scholarships...and i'm not knocking them for this either, they were smart enough to take advantage of a good opporitunity

Archived