Fender USA strat vs Ibanez pretige model?

em07189

• Members

Not the best questions. There is rarely a best as it all comes down to personal preference often. I own both a Fender Strat and an Ibanez Prestige. I used to like the Ibanez neck more but now I think I like the feel of the Fender strat neck more. It really comes down to which one YOU like more and feel more comfortable with. I agree that if you get the strat you should get one with a humbucker. One with a floyd rose would also add to its versatility. I believe the Ibanez neck is not only thinner but easier to shred on.

I somewhat agree with this. I agree that you should get the one you feel comforatble with. The necks are completely different on them. I used to play Ibanez wizard necks, but they mess with my wrist too much, and cant anymore. I dont own a Fender, but I do love the feel of the MIM necks. Ive though about getting one, Ive just never liked other aspects, like the neck block, and 21 frets. Agree with getting a humbucker.

I would say Ibanez prestiege is very high quality, no complaints there.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IIRC both Nile and Cryptopsy used Strats

Ah, right you are. I don't know if Karl still plays the strat, but he definitely did use one on some earlier Nile records. Same with Cryptopsy - haven't seen any strats recently but they did use 'em back in the None So Vile days.

• Members

I somewhat agree with this. I agree that you should get the one you feel comforatble with. The necks are completely different on them. I used to play Ibanez wizard necks, but they mess with my wrist too much, and cant anymore. I dont own a Fender, but I do love the feel of the MIM necks. Ive though about getting one, Ive just never liked other aspects, like the neck block, and 21 frets. Agree with getting a humbucker.

I would say Ibanez prestiege is very high quality, no complaints there.

You've been getting wrist problems too? I'm thinking its because the Ibanez necks are so thin and flat

• Members

With a humbucker in the strat you'll have no problem playing metal. You'll also have a much better built, more versatile, classic guitar. Ibanez guitars are built to nowhere near as high a standard as USA Fenders, prestige or not. I've owned both....

Not to mention that the resale value of the Fender is hugely better.

The sound you get (metal or not) comes down to the way you play as much as the guitar. Basswood bodied, floyd rose Ibanez that have 3 piece necks and even more pieces for the body are not the best sounding guitars. Sure you can make them sound good with loads of distortion. Try something else.

This is good advice

I own an Ibanez, and totally agree with everything you say. they are what they are.

My preferance strat with Seymour duncan hot rails in the bridge ..sorted

• Members

Nothing is more stable than the Fender neck. That's why Suhr is using the design, and 50 year old Fenders still have good necks. I work with wood every day. Your theory that gluing 5 pieces of wood together makes a more stable piece of wood makes no sense at all. Who has no idea what they're talking about now?

Exactly.

Archived