Do V60 speakers have a differant or full name?

• Members

v60? i've never heard of a celestion speaker referred to as a v60.

the good old Vintage 30 is referred to as a v30 and it's rated, oddly enough, at 60 watts. that could be what you mean. other than that confusion, i don't know what speaker you could mean.

I've also heard that Celesion made v30's that were rated at 70 watts and were specifically made for big-time cab distributers to put in their cabs. if i remember right, it was simply a 70 watt version of the v30 with a slightly bigger bottom end. who knows.

• Members

that's weird.

I wouldn't think that engl would put such a small-magnet speaker in their cabs. it honestly reminds me of the speakers marshall puts in their MG cabs. i can't believe they actually sound any good.

• Members

Ive had both the standard and the vintage 4x12 and kept the vintage. The standard wasn't bad but was to smooth almost distanced sounding kinda of scooped and mellow. I found myself cranking my mids on my savage and it still wasn't enough. The vintage is brighter more in your face.. I felt like the standard couldn't handle the lowend that much.. Its all a matter of tastes.. and what head your running through them I knew right away... The vintage is made a little better also different woods and heavy I think 110lbs.

• Members

They are V12-60 Silver Series. They come in the standard Engl cabs. I have a set in my G-Flex cab right now and they sound pretty good!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Celestion-V1260-Silver-Series-12-Speaker?sku=660236

:thu:

Correct. I used them in a Splawn cab with my Blackmore. They were the best sounding speaker I tried with the Blackmore. Greenbacks being a close second. The V60's are smooth, dark, and a bit scooped with a huge lowend. I could care less about the small magnet, they sounded great to me. However, I never tried them with any other amps. But they kick ass with the Blackmore...........I compared them to these:

V30

Greenback

GT-75

Emi. Swamp Thangs

Emi. GB12

Stock Emi's in G-Flex

FWIW, I thought the V30's finished dead last in this comparison with the Blackmore.

Here's short "old school" metal clip of the Blackmore and V60's at low volume:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5040649&q=hi

• Members

I bought troubleheads V60's...they kickass in the Blackmore...I have them in an X pattern with G12T75's. I think I might take out the 75's, to much treble, in favor of the Greenbacks I have.

That would be an unbelievably awesome combo with the Blackmore:eek:

I never tried that.