OT: Drum machines for Mac?

nyck

• Members

You need to talk to Gorillaz

He's a forumite on HCAF

He's da man for that sort of thing! You can PM him.

Tell him Stephen Colbert sent you!

haha I couldn't find a member named Gorillaz...

• Members

I just got BETA MONKEY Drum Werks I: Drum Loops and Samples for Rock, Classic Rock, and Hard Rock. I like it. I just load the loops into Garage Band.

www.betamonkeymusic.com/V1.html

A software drum machine would be more versatile, but more work.

Thanks, I'm not looking for samples though, they just don't fit and I don't want to go through a million samples looking for a specific thing.

• Members

For simplicity, I'd seriously recommend EZ Drummer. You can get the expansion packs for all sorts of sounds and it comes with lots of midi files ready to go for your songs

Something like DFH is more versatile, but it's not meant to be quick or 'EZ'.

Take a listen to EZ Drummer at www.toontrack.com

• Members

My other guitarist uses GarageBand for everything, as well as drum machine tracks. He's been able to get some pretty decent tracks on the recordings he makes for us to listen to at band practice.

FYI, I showed the songs to my brother, who is a drummer of about 8 years, and HE asked who was playing drums on the songs.

• Members

Jesus, I just finished listening to demos and watching the video demo for ToonTrack's EZDrummer and I have to say that I'm sold on that. Once I get my laptop and audio interface, that's what I'll be going with. :love:

Edit:

I just looked at the specs and all the sounds are at 16-bit/44.1kHz, me no gusta eso. :cry:

• Members
Jesus, I just finished listening to demos and watching the video demo for ToonTrack's EZDrummer and I have to say that I'm sold on that. Once I get my laptop and audio interface, that's what I'll be going with.
:love:

Edit:

I just looked at the specs and all the sounds are at 16-bit/44.1kHz, me no gusta eso.
:cry:

Why would that be a problem?

I use it.

• Members

Why would that be a problem?

I use it.

Because the setup I'm going to get I plan on recording at the maximum sampling rate 24-bit/92khz and I'm anal about get the absolute best sound quality possible. It would just bother me having the drums at a lower resolution than the rest. TBH, the demos on the site sounded a little muffled; don't know if that's the right way to explain it. Just, not as clear as I thought they should be.

• Members

Because the setup I'm going to get I plan on recording at the maximum sampling rate 24-bit/92khz and I'm anal about get the absolute best sound quality possible. It would just bother me having the drums at a lower resolution than the rest. TBH, the demos on the site sounded a little muffled; don't know if that's the right way to explain it. Just, not as clear as I thought they should be.

Depending on your DAW, you might be better off tracking at 16/44.1 to start. On certain systems you'll lose more quality dithering to 16/44.1 for CD/mp3/etc. than you will just starting off there to begin with. If it's that important, test this- it should be easy enough- and see.

Archived