recommend me some heavy music please!

rchip

• Members

Ahoy, i've got loads of credit to download albums on a mp3 website, however it seems to only carry mostly mainstream stuff. Anyhow, I've ran out of music to get I'm mostly into blues, funk and rock music ... I like heavy music but don't have much of it, just the big bands like guns n roses, metallica etc, ya know that kind of thing.

I downloaded lamb of god sacrament, which i think is really good, the vocals do put me off a bit but i still like it. I also downloaded a stone sour album which i liked, but I have a feeling that's not cool :love:

anyway, any ideas to some accessable metal/hard rock music i might like?

much thanks!

• Members

in the hard rock/metal arena, typically the better the music gets, the more the vocals will put you off. try ALL THAT REMAINS...their singer actually puts some singing in with all the screaming. alternately, you could go to some heavy music label websites, and give the bands a listen. roadrunner records, trustkill records, and prosthetic records are a few, as well as metal blade records.

good luck on your quest for new heavy music.

• Members

thanks dude! nice, i'm checkin out those record labels bands now I should find something I like, cheers for that.

Yeah, it's so odd how amazing the music is in some metal, and although heavy is actually really catchy and listenable to people are aren't metal heads - but the singer is just screaming? makes no sense to me!

I forgot to mention I love pantera, I like the vocals on cowboys from hell and vulgar display of power the most.

• Members

Nevermore
Arch Enemy
Mercenary
In Flames
Scar Symmetry
Killswitch Engage
Strapping Young Lad

I don't like all of these bands (love Nevermore) like
a couple of them, but the various styles of these bands run the gammit from pure
clean vocals to pure screaming to mixing it up .
what style of "heavy" are you looking for?

oh and what's wrong with Stone Sour? I think their last CD is pretty good.

Archived