Krank Rev1 vs Randall RM100

fistertain

• Members

Alright, so I have the opportunity to finance either of these amp heads. The thing is, I really don't want either of them. What I plan to do is finance one of these then turn around and sell them right away for a $200 loss to go twards buying a Soldano Avenger

So my real question is, which one of these amps sell for more and are the easiest sell? Oh and just for {censored}z and giggles, compare the two tonally.

I've already played a bunch of Kranks and absolutely hated ALL of them except this used one I played at Sam Ash that was CRUSHING. Probably a retube or something, whatever it was I was damn surprised, made me actually consider buying one. just for a second of course.

P.S.

The Randall comes with the Blackface, Plexi, and XTC modules pre-loaded.

• Members

Even though I'm certain the Randall sounds way better than the Krank I'm thinking that the Krank might have better re-sale. I don't know about the rest of the country but around here Randall's are a dime a dozen. However, that said, you may end up wanting to keep the Randall...the RM100 I played through sounded really damn good.

• Members

This is nuts...find some way to finance teh amp you really want. :freak:

Randall MTS has really poor re-sale value since they're still not widely known IMO...even minty in the box you will struggle to sell it for the price you need.

No idea on Krank

• Members

This is nuts...find some way to finance teh amp you really want.
:freak:

+1. Your plan sounds like a really fucking stupid way to raise money to buy an amp. Really, there has GOT to be a better way, use your head. Heck, get a job if you absolutely have to, even.

• Members

Alright, so I have the opportunity to finance either of these amp heads. The thing is, I really don't want either of them. What I plan to do is finance one of these then turn around and sell them right away for a $200 loss to go twards buying a Soldano Avenger

Are you {censored}ing retarded?

• Members

Are you fucking retarded?

lol harsh ... yeah I figured it was pretty stupid, but I mean, I can't wait for a head, we are playing a show and I need one within a couple months. Me being a teenager and all doesn't open up a lot of options for me because my credit is non-existent.

I probably should have made that clear to begin with, but anyway, no need to be disrespectful about it. :thu:

• Members

Have you verified that you can even GET financing? If your credit is nonexistant, you may have trouble financing either of these.

Either way, there is no reason to pay interest when you can save up and buy whatever you want.

That's the thing, it's from American Musical, 5 payments NO interest and they already ran my credit and I've been approved. This is after I've been denied financing at most other places.

• Members

If you can make those payments, why don't you put those payments into a savings account and wait until you can buy what you really want.

Buying something to hock it (for a loss) and buy something else is simply stupid, no two ways about it.

• Members

well then I won't have a new head in time ... and I am NOT opening for Dragonlord with my Randall RG100ES.

slap the cfh mod, or tube mod in the rg100es, i'm sure you won't be saying the samething after either mod lol

• Members

well then I won't have a new head in time ... and I am NOT opening for Dragonlord with my Randall RG100ES.

Borrow something from a friend or rent something.

Don't go into debt over something as stupid as a new amp. (Yep, I went there - guitar gear is a stupid reason to go into debt.)

• Members

lol harsh ... yeah I figured it was pretty stupid, but I mean, I can't wait for a head, we are playing a show and I need one within a couple months. Me being a teenager and all doesn't open up a lot of options for me because my credit is non-existent.

I probably should have made that clear to begin with, but anyway, no need to be disrespectful about it.
:thu:

dude get your parents to cosign a loan from the bank for you or somthin then pay it off.. but you cant fucking be lazy and not make payments on it.And its always better if you have more money than what the payment is to pay more so you get less payments and it says to them hey he is responsible and he can get good credit.. but dont be an idiot and spend ALL your money... leave some money left over for case of an emergency

• Members

two ways to look at this...

buy one of the amps and learn it top to bottom. you may find it's not what you thought, good or bad. you're paying for experience and won't just have been a music store amp expert like so many here.

you waste $200 to get what you want

I always look at it as #1.

Can you not have your parents finance it or co-sign a loan to buy what you think you want?

• Members

well I already did it, and I actually decided to give the Krank a whirl. You know what?! I really like it! I mean it is so tight and punchy. I'm not experiencing the buzzing fizzy tone everyone always talks about when referring to the Rev1.

I'm running it through an avatar loaded with v30s. I keep the presence and sweep knobs both hovering somewhere between 9 and 11 o'clock and it isn't very harsh at all. I push the mids pretty high and it sounds very growly.

Don't get me wrong, it's a bright amp and has a weird squeeky quality to it that I'm not totally sold on, but hot damn it's a lot more percussive than I thought it would be.

So in all, I think I'm gonna hold onto this head for a while and use it for our rehearsals. I'm just gonna see how it plays out.

• Members

:cool:

I really like my Rev 1... I agree it's definitely a very tight and punchy amp.

one setting I've been playing around with lately is Sweep/Bass/Mid Up, Presence down and Trbl to balance.

it's always entertaining to read comments on a head I own like "I played it in the store and it sucked." knowing well that's not the case. hopefully the Rev1 will only get better for you.

• Members

Here's what you do. AMS has a 45 day no questions asked return policy. If you don't like the Krank, return it before the 45 day period is up and buy the Randall. In the mean time save up in case you're not happy with either head and you'll have the money for the avenger ready to go!

Archived