Can I power 2 bottoms with blues deville o/p's?

kevorkazito

• Members

I have a blues deville ('93) combo with 4x10. I just got a 4x12 marshall bottom. I unplugged the combo speakers to plug in the marshall and I wondered if the amp would be able to power the internal ones as well?

There are two outputs on the deville but I think that the impedence would be halved and mess up my amp?

Any thoughts? My music store didn't know and I can find past posts with the solution.

• Members

I have a blues deville ('93) combo with 4x10. I just got a 4x12 marshall bottom. I unplugged the combo speakers to plug in the marshall and I wondered if the amp would be able to power the internal ones as well?

There are two outputs on the deville but I think that the impedence would be halved and mess up my amp?

Any thoughts? My music store didn't know and I can find past posts with the solution.

Doesn't it offer any impedance requirements on the back of the amp or in the manual?

• Members

Doesn't it offer any impedance requirements on the back of the amp or in the manual?

Yup, it's 8ohms. But I don't know if you can power 2 bottoms since that would effect the load on the amp and screw things up... or not???

• Members
Yup, it's 8ohms. But I don't know if you can power 2 bottoms since that would effect the load on the amp and screw things up... or not???

Did you read the manual? A Google search for "Fender Blues Deville Manual" turned it up on the first try. In there it said you can hook up the internal speakers and an 8 ohm extension cabinet. Took me all of about 18 seconds to find. :rolleyes:

• Members
Did you read the manual? A Google search for "Fender Blues Deville Manual" turned it up on the first try. In there it said you can hook up the internal speakers and an 8 ohm extension cabinet. Took me all of about 18 seconds to find.
:rolleyes:

That could be a problem depending on what Marshall 4x12 he has. With the 1960's they're 16 or 4 ohms mono or 8 ohms a side stereo, correct? So he'd only be able to run one side. I could be wrong though.

Archived