Band takes risk and gets fucked!

nerol1st

• Members

can they not serve alcohol at all ages shows up there? i know down here they can, but there are some weird restrictions & legal responsibilities on the venues

The place doesnt serve alcohol at all. I've played a couple bars that have done 18 and over but thats about it. The only other place I can think of is the Booker T center, but I don't even know if shows go on there anymore. There isn't many places to play so your basically {censored}ed when looking for shows here.

Wow, its kind of weird to see so many people from auburn on here.

• Members

You know what's annoying? I have brought TWO bands to getting major label signings - one for nuclear blast, one for roadrunner. These were not piss around signings, these were full on real deals.

Its just amazing that when it came to signing up and doing what we (well, moreso I) had been working my ass off for the previous year doing, to have most of the band members flaked.

Its annoying as fkkk.

Jon

• Members

The place doesnt serve alcohol at all. I've played a couple bars that have done 18 and over but thats about it. The only other place I can think of is the Booker T center, but I don't even know if shows go on there anymore. There isn't many places to play so your basically {censored}ed when looking for shows here.

Wow, its kind of weird to see so many people from auburn on here.

gotcha, i guess the laws are different everywhere

here we can do all ages shows, but under 15 you have to have a parent or chaperon with you (they don't enforce that, they just have to post it) and in SC you can't serve alcohol past midnight on saturday (church laws, no beer on sunday)

i guess my point is the laws down here allow most bands to do better at all-age venues than the 21+ places

• Members

You know what's annoying? I have brought TWO bands to getting major label signings - one for nuclear blast, one for roadrunner. These were not piss around signings, these were full on real deals.

Its just amazing that when it came to signing up and doing what we (well, moreso
I
) had been working my ass off for the previous year doing, to have most of the band members flaked.

Its annoying as fkkk.

Jon

What bands were they man?

• Members

can they not serve alcohol at all ages shows up there? i know down here they can, but there are some weird restrictions & legal responsibilities on the venues

even if they can, they shouldnt

• Members

why's that?

im a firm believer that alcohol does not belong inside venues at all ages shows. and alot of my alcoholic friends feel the saem way. drink in the parking lot i dont care. just not inside. unless it's a big corporate venue. but if it's lil local all ages shows at a legion or vfw keep it out

• Members
im a firm believer that alcohol does not belong inside venues at all ages shows. and alot of my alcoholic friends feel the saem way. drink in the parking lot i dont care. just not inside. unless it's a big corporate venue. but if it's lil local all ages shows at a legion or vfw keep it out

I dont have the patience to explain to you why this is retarded but it is. :lol:

• Members
I dont have the patience to explain to you why this is retarded but it is.
:lol:

you can sit there and tell me its retarded all you want. im not sitting here asking that you agree with me or even looking for anybody to take my side in this. but when it's my venue drink in yoru car so i dont catch {censored} for it. ive watch venues be shut down for drinking inside when the cops show up to see what the deal is with an event

Archived