Peters modded Soldano SLO100 (depth mod content)

duncan

• Members

can one of these be done for a hot rod?

Yes, but it is not going to have the same effect as the mod done on an SLO. The SLO still has more gain and will be somewhat more "robust" sounding in the lows. It might be something you like for the HR series but when compared side by side with an SLO you'd know the difference still.

• Members

James: Can I ask how your mod differs from Soldano's depth mod?

You can ask. :)

Sorry folks, I'm not going to spread this sort of thing around. It's not as though I'm trying to make coin from mods (because I generally won't do mods), but I don't like information like this getting out there and being taken out of context.

• Members

I'm seriously considering buying a SLO or an Ecstasy, but it troubles me that I might need to mod a $3300 amp to make it sound right. Does the SLO really lack low end to the degree that it needs to be modded? Is it too bright?

• Members

I'm seriously considering buying a SLO or an Ecstasy, but it troubles me that I might need to mod a $3300 amp to make it sound right. Does the SLO really lack low end to the degree that it needs to be modded? Is it too bright?

The depth mod really doesn't add low end or anything like that. It just lets you tweak the low end. I added it to my SLO clone, and it is a very nice control, especially at higher volumes(but as james says his works at lower volumes too). It's hard to really explain what it does, but it pretty much gives you more tweakage with your tone. It's kinda cool how it works, it is pretty much a pot hooked up to one of your OT wires.

• Members

I just sold my SLO and had a depth mod info from Soldano to install myself. I modded it to my liking as well because the sanctioned Soldano mod sound muffled, mushy, lacked the clarity that the amp is known for...

That's great if JP developed something better!:cool:

• Members

haha. it also doesn't help that my drummer is out of town for the week. when he gets back, i'll go and rent a firepod, a MD421, and make a demo cd. :p

bogner on the left.

soldano on the right.

(or vice versa)

Archived