Tell me about the V-Synth GT

• Members

I was at L&M's last week in Winnipeg and got to try one out, it was frikkin awesome!

I've own a lot of gear over thw years, lots of gear that I wasnt crazy about but I was really impressed with the sound of this synth. What do you guys think? Recommend it? Any dislikes? Can you think of something that gives you more bang for the buck for the same amount of money? I found a place I can get one for 2500 and was thinking of getting it, just want a few opinions first.

Thanks

• Members

what ur a 'pegger ? if u wanna catch a brewha sometime at the pal's booty shake let me know

I'm in the process of acquiring a v-synth gt I can tell u more when it's finally in my possession.

basically I want one to do 2 different things. one is process samples, play bitchin' choirs, experiment, etc and the other reason is to make trap beats

I don't know much about the synth but I've always wanted to try one for an extended period and really see what it's capable of

a lot of people like to piss on the 'new Roland' but I think they make some of the finest, most luxurious keyboards ever

• Members

Monday we give away 200 snow white Roland V-Synth GT to people living above the Artic Circle in Igloo..

Crazyfoo wrote:

I was at L&M's last week in Winnipeg and got to try one out, it was frikkin awesome!

I've own a lot of gear over thw years, lots of gear that I wasnt crazy about but I was really impressed with the sound of this synth. What do you guys think? Recommend it? Any dislikes? Can you think of something that gives you more bang for the buck for the same amount of money? I found a place I can get one for 2500 and was thinking of getting it, just want a few opinions first.

Thanks

• Members

V-Synth is a great tool to mangle samples with-especially beats and phrases. The synth section is OK but nothing to write home about compared to the competition. The vocoder is ok. Main problem of the GT is the limited polyphony- If you layer 2 synthsounds often you end up with between 6-8 voices. Not really that much compared to todays standards.

The most bang4thebuck V-Synth is the XT Rackversion. You get the sample manipulating stuff, the vocoder AND the very accurate D-50 emulation that for some strange reason never made it into the GT. XTs are around a grand at ebay AFAIK.

Archived