jim root telecaster available for preorder from elderly!

maiden_fan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

An MIM for 900?

no thanx

Depends on how well it's made. I don't care if it's made in the lower steppes of Tibet. If it plays well, and the attention to detail is quality, then sure.

Of course, Fender and MIM, I'm willing to bet some are way worth $900, some are probably not worth $900, and some are way not worth $900.

• Members
It comes in black and white.

Meanwhile, even when it is black mahogany w/ EMGs, I'm still not sure how a Telecaster is some sort of grab for mallcore kiddies.

Um... it's not the telecaster, it's the artist whose endorsing it. Come on, do you think that they were like, Damn, we really want to release a Tele with EMGs, but we just can't find an excuse to do it! Oh, we'll sign Jim Root! Perfect!

Obviously they are releasing this model to appeal to a younger crowd. Probably because Fender is being seen as dated by the younger kids, who are going with Ibanez's, B.C. Rich's and ESP's.

And like I said, it still seems like a cool guitar. But it's just plain ignorant to think that Fender isn't trying to appeal to slipknot fans when they are releasing a signature guitar of a member of slipknot. :rolleyes:

• Members

Obviously they are releasing this model to appeal to a younger crowd. Probably because Fender is being seen as dated by the younger kids, who are going with Ibanez's, B.C. Rich's and ESP's.

So, you're saying they released a telecaster to prove they're hip?

Archived