anyone know what anderson pickup Pepper Keenan uses?

maiden_fan

• Members

2 H3's for $50? Each or for both? Either ways that's a hell of a deal. I have the H2+ I believe it's called and considered upping to the H3. The Anderson site has pretty good explanations of the differences in each pickup.

• Members

not absolutely positive, but i think the guy from crowbar was using a h3 also.

Yeah, Kirk was for a while. Both Pepper and Kirk play in Down, so they share alot of the same tastes in gear.

Kirk seems to change pickups alot. He started off using Duncan Distortions alot, then the H3, then Duncan Invaders, now he's mainly using EMG 81's. I think Pepper uses Duncan Invaders now, both with COC and Down?

• Members

On a similar note, what was his setup for the Deliverance album?

Albatross FTW

Gibson SG's and Mesa Boogie .50 caliber + heads. That's been his setup since he joined Corrosion Of Conformity. Woody uses an early 90's two channel Mesa Dual Recto.

• Members

Gibson SG's and Mesa Boogie .50 caliber + heads. That's been his setup since he joined Corrosion Of Conformity. Woody uses an early 90's two channel Mesa Dual Recto.

I think Pepper uses ESP Vipers.. not sure when he started using them or if he always used them. But he makes me want a .50 caliber, even tho I have Mark III....

• Members

I think Pepper uses ESP Vipers.. not sure when he started using them or if he always used them. But he makes me want a .50 caliber, even tho I have Mark III....

Yup, he uses ESP Vipers now too. The old stuff was all done with Gibsons though, i think?

The .50 caliber + is supposed to be quite similar to the mark III, just a little less metally or modern, i guess you could say? The .50 caliber is more stoner rock/vintage rock sounding.

• Members
Yeah, Kirk was for a while. Both Pepper and Kirk play in Down, so they share alot of the same tastes in gear.

Kirk seems to change pickups alot. He started off using Duncan Distortions alot, then the H3, then Duncan Invaders, now he's mainly using EMG 81's. I think Pepper uses Duncan Invaders now, both with COC and Down?

Probably because Vipers come with EMGs stock...

I have been thinking about a LTD Viper :love:

• Members

I was once a emg man for many years..

my H3 has swayed me. its the first passive i really like.

I could use alittle more power out of this pick up..

or mabye its i'm used to the 18k my emgs put out and the 13k of the anderson is just a little shy.

I know that there are 4 other pick ups with near or more output.

the HN2+, the H3+, the HN3 and the flamethrower HN3+

anyone have experiance with those?

Brae

• Members

albatross, was a lp goldtop, on the neck P90, straight into the 50 caliber + through a V30 loaded cab.

Do we know what kind of P-90? I've been thinkin about dropping a pair of humbucker sized p90s in my epiphone sheraton just to try em out.

• Members

good to know, is it really crunchy?

No, not necessarilly crunchy. If you dig into it you get a good rhythm tone, but the sustain is really good. Has a more refined modern growl to it than vintage PAF grit or howl. Leads really cut, but they are kinda flat. Overall I like it, but it's kinda boxy; probably more my amp, though.

Archived