any bassman ten owners in da house???

echodeluxe

• Members

yeah i know awesome thread title right?

anyway, im on my second bassman ten. a 1972 in amazing condition.

i love the tones, i love the look, its a little bulky but its got casters!!!

im on my way to a recording session so ill post pics later, but show your bassman ten love. post pics and stuff.

• Members

here are some pics of the 78 bassman:

bassman022.jpg

rig004.jpg

bassman024.jpg

i traded that one away. i loved that amp, but it had a few issues. a few knobs were broken, and it was beat up because it was used at a middle school.

heres some pics of the 72:

bassman003.jpg

bassman005.jpg

bassman008.jpg

the 72 is in amazing condition. its really loud and it sounds great. the previous owner took very good care of it. its got NOS RCA 6L6's and a svetlana winged c 12ax7 in the phase inverter, with 2 electro harmonix 12ax7's in the preamp. no broken knobs, sounds great. the inside of the amp looks really nice too, but i havent taken any pics.

• Members

I recently picked up one .Just the amp ,no cabinet.I bought a Bandmaster head case on ebay and a set of JJ's from Eurotubes now I'm ready to rock.I've owned at least a dozen fender amps,but sold of traded them off over the years ,so when this one came along I had to grab it. I've got less than $200 in it so I couldn't go wrong.:thu: I think the phase inverter tube should be a 12at7.you might want to check it out.:confused:

• Members

I recently picked up one .Just the amp ,no cabinet.I bought a Bandmaster head case on ebay and a set of JJ's from Eurotubes now I'm ready to rock.I've owned at least a dozen fender amps,but sold of traded them off over the years ,so when this one came along I had to grab it. I've got less than $200 in it so I couldn't go wrong.
:thu:
I think the phase inverter tube should be a 12at7.you might want to check it out.
:confused:

eh you can use a 12ax7 in the phase inverter spot if ya want. i dont think it {censored}s with the tone at all.

• Members

I have two Bassman 10's.

One is now more of a Super Reverb, and the other is stock, except I replaced the phase-balance pot with a bias pot (easily reversed). Both still have their stock speakers, which are fine, but not great.

• Members

Had a chance to pic up a '72 Bassman 10 for $250 out the door about 6 months ago. For whatever reason I didn't have the 10% down the wanted to hold it for me. Anyway, I went back the next day and it was gone. I got to try it out though and it sounded really nice and have really sweet tone at low volume. I'm still on the lookout for one.:thu:

Pics of my Bassman clan :

100_0418.jpg

100_0342.jpg

Archived