Splawn Quickrod effects loop

Taco2004

• Members

I run mine dry most of the time....but late at night i use my effects unit as a attenuator through the loop to get low volumes, and not piss off the neighbors.

To answer: The effects loops on our QRs' are solid state op amp, so your signal goes from SS back to tube. with it bypassed, it takes that SS circuit out.

I am deciding whether or not to mod mine. My tech said he could put in a tube driven effects loop, which would help the tone.....So we will see?

• Members

Makes sense. With it activated it sounds sterile and brittle. Scott should address this.

:confused::confused:

only if you're using it at extremely low volumes...adds gain and fizz...with volume, that goes away and there's nothing sterile about it...sounds perfectly fine..but, once again, volume is the key when using the effects loop...

• Members

:confused:
:confused:

only if you're using it at extremely low volumes...adds gain and fizz...with volume, that goes away and there's nothing sterile about it...sounds perfectly fine..but, once again, volume is the key when using the effects loop...

I have only tried the effects loop at low volumes. I need to crank it someday with it activated.

• Members

Wow, that's great info. So, how loud are we talking here, because the QR has quite a loud voice most of the time!!

well, generally the louder the better..hehe..but that goes for the amp in general...

anywho, generally once you get the master to about 8:00 the fizz and such of the loop starts to go away...I usually don't gig much louder than 9:00 (which is plenty loud) but at that volume it's a non issue..if you're playing at around 7:30on the master or so you'll get the issue you described...

try it around 8:00ish...which sure as hell ain't quiet, BUT it's not peeling paint either

• Members

well, generally the louder the better..hehe..but that goes for the amp in general...

anywho, generally once you get the master to about 8:00 the fizz and such of the loop starts to go away...I usually don't gig much louder than 9:00 (which is plenty loud) but at that volume it's a non issue..if you're playing at around 7:30on the master or so you'll get the issue you described...

try it around 8:00ish...which sure as hell ain't quiet, BUT it's not peeling paint either

+1.

• Members

Good stuff!!! Thats what I was wondering.:phil:

Archived