Slightly OT: Which iPad holder for gigs?

Binkeys

• Members

I saw a singer using one recently that was mounted on the end of a mic stand. I might have been using an iPad mini. Anyhow, I don't know what stand it was, but I thought it was worth mentioning because I watch him for a set and a half before I noticed it! Very inobtrusive.

You can see it in this pic: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=189314034570398&set=pb.100004754077691.-2207520000.1377094680.&type=3&theater

Look below his right hand.

Wes

• Members

No iPad stand for me ...  I use (4) 1/2" velcro "dots" to hold the iPad on the "open" space on either the left side or the right side of my Kronos 88.   The "hook" half of the velcro are on the keyboard - the "fabric" half on the iPad itself.   I put "hooks" on both sides of the keyboard so I can place the iPad on either side of the controls.  I decide which side to use based on which side of the stage I'm set up on.   If I'm on the left side of the stage - the iPad goes on the right side of the Kronos.   If I'm on the right side of the stage - the iPad goes on the left side.   To the casual observer - it's hard to tell whether I'm reading from the iPad or simply looking at the rest of the band. 

• Members

been using a Talent iMS1 holder attached to a stand for my iPad retina... bought it a while back cause it was at least $10 less than other holders, received many 5 star ratings, and has adjustments that other holders do not have.  Had it attached to the top keybd tier, but the iPad wobbled when bangin' the keys.  Really love the setup.

I use SongBook on the iPad and on my computer.  Anyone wanting to share some piano song .pro files let me know.

Archived