SPAM: Gibson Flying V!!

nyck

• Members

I'm selling a Gibson Faded Flying V for a friend of mine. We can only accept a check or money order for this deal, sorry. He has played a few shows with it, so its got a little bit of wear, although it was taken good care of. It is only about 2 or three years only. It has features the standard mahogany body/neck and a rosewood fretboard. He modded it with an EMG 81 in the bridge and the stock gibson pickup in the neck. All the controls still work except the knobs don't fit on the EMG pots. You could probably find some new ones that fit at a guitar store(two of the old ones will be included-one is missing). Also included is a gibson gigbag pictured. The guitar will be professionally packed and shipped at the cost of $30. The price is $410+30. The original gibson bridge pickup can replace the EMG if you would rather.

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

• Members
i know i do too.

hows the fretwork on it? any jagged edges?

Definitely no sharp fret edges. It plays really well, unlike a lot of other gibsons I've played. I dont know what it is with this certain guitar, but it feels so comfortable when you put it on and play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Nick, good luck to your bro on the spam. Just out of curiosity, does he have both pups hooked up in a active/passive set up or just have bridge pup hooked up?

I`ve never tried an active/passive arrangement. Always heard it was too hard to get the output levels equalled out.

He should slap a 60 in the neck position for the total Metallica retro V vibe.

By the way. I see you`re still playing through the detuned cab. Sticking with that {censored} aren`t you.:thu:

Eric

• Members

I'm selling a Gibson Faded Flying V for a friend of mine. We can only accept a check or money order for this deal, sorry. He has played a few shows with it, so its got a little bit of wear, although it was taken good care of. It is only about 2 or three years only. It has features the standard mahogany body/neck and a rosewood fretboard. He modded it with an EMG 81 in the bridge and the stock gibson pickup in the neck. All the controls still work except the knobs don't fit on the EMG pots. You could probably find some new ones that fit at a guitar store(two of the old ones will be included-one is missing). Also included is a gibson gigbag pictured. The guitar will be professionally packed and shipped at the cost of $30. The price is $410+30. The original gibson bridge pickup can replace the EMG if you would rather.

IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1513.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1512.jpg

I think I messaged you before on this guitar, let me see what I can do. It might be a little while though.

Archived