2 new songs we just did

Lucius

• Members

writing while listening,
no feelings: hey, this is a great song! reminds of Godsmack and Alice in Chains(that's a good thing to my standards), great guitar tone, aggressive, bass sounds pretty good and I also like the vocal.. one thing tho, the mix is pretty "mono", narrow, if it weren't for the cymbal hits (which are panned a bit to the side) i would say that it's mono.. why didn't you pan the guitars more to the sides?

now or never: guitars are very brutal :thu: :thu: bass is great! Vocal sounds much clearer than the first clip (it is not bad on the first clip, but this is much better), on this one the singing has a cornell-ish note (:D)...
solo - awesome! great playing guys!
guitars sound much heavier on this one..
i don't like the kick on this mix, it's slightly buried under the bass and the lower frequencies of the guitar, i think it should have more "click" to be more prominent
to summarize, i really like both of these songs, we need more music like this! I don't want to be harsh or anything with this criticism, but i think that you can profit more with this "constructive" criticism than if i said "you suck" or "you rule"...

got any more songs available, I would like to hear moar! :cool:

p.s. which amps were used?

Cheers,
Mrmot
:D

• Members
writing while listening,

no feelings: hey, this is a great song! reminds of Godsmack and Alice in Chains(that's a good thing to my standards), great guitar tone, aggressive, bass sounds pretty good and I also like the vocal.. one thing tho, the mix is pretty "mono", narrow, if it weren't for the cymbal hits (which are panned a bit to the side) i would say that it's mono.. why didn't you pan the guitars more to the sides?

now or never: guitars are very brutal
:thu:
:thu: bass is great! Vocal sounds much clearer than the first clip (it is not bad on the first clip, but this is much better), on this one the singing has a cornell-ish note (
)...

solo - awesome! great playing guys!

guitars sound much heavier on this one..

i don't like the kick on this mix, it's slightly buried under the bass and the lower frequencies of the guitar, i think it should have more "click" to be more prominent

to summarize, i really like both of these songs, we need more music like this! I don't want to be harsh or anything with this criticism, but i think that you can profit more with this "constructive" criticism than if i said "you suck" or "you rule"...

got any more songs available, I would like to hear moar!
:cool:

p.s. which amps were used?

Cheers,

Mrmot

I think "No feelings" would be better if I wasn't so crappy a mixing lol. I appreciate any and all comments on this stuff. As far as the amps go both of these tunes were Rockmaster/Classic60 with a repliflex for effects (delay/verb). I do have a couple more tunes here (i've listed them in what I think is the coolest first):

http://www.nomotherspride.com/MP3/rename.mp3 (which is called Stuffed now!)
http://www.nomotherspride.com/MP3/wheels.mp3
http://www.nomotherspride.com/MP3/NMP-WalkAway.mp3
http://www.nomotherspride.com/MP3/return-2-the-homeland.mp3
http://www.nomotherspride.com/MP3/homeland-mixed.mp3
These were all done in my studio. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

great songs! I really like them, sincerely, and I'm tough to please (in a musical way, other ways it's much easier :D)
I would really like if you were situated in Croatia so we could gig together, cause our music is pretty similar style-wise.. I'll post you our demos when we record them, hopefully soon..

here are a couple of mixing tips, if you don't mind:
the most important is to always record at least two rhythm guitars and pan them hard left and right (you can try 100% but to me around 85-90% sounds better), you can even record more layers of the same riff, or use multiple mics, eg. an SM57 and some condenser like a sennheiser e609 on the same amp... another cool trick that i read somewhere is to play the same riff but on some other place on the neck, meaning an octave higher or something like that.. or combine all these methods :eek::thu:
don't record fx to tape (if you can), meaning, don't put reverb/delay in the loop of the amp and record it, it's always better to add it in the mixing, either a software one or pass the recorded signal thru the fx-unit...

once again, really cool music :thu: these will stay on my playlist, next to maybe 5 other clips from HCAF

• Members
great songs! I really like them, sincerely, and I'm tough to please (in a musical way, other ways it's much easier
)

I would really like if you were situated in Croatia so we could gig together, cause our music is pretty similar style-wise.. I'll post you our demos when we record them, hopefully soon..

here are a couple of mixing tips, if you don't mind:

the most important is to always record at least two rhythm guitars and pan them hard left and right (you can try 100% but to me around 85-90% sounds better), you can even record more layers of the same riff, or use multiple mics, eg. an SM57 and some condenser like a sennheiser e609 on the same amp... another cool trick that i read somewhere is to play the same riff but on some other place on the neck, meaning an octave higher or something like that.. or combine all these methods
:eek::thu:
don't record fx to tape (if you can), meaning, don't put reverb/delay in the loop of the amp and record it, it's always better to add it in the mixing, either a software one or pass the recorded signal thru the fx-unit...

once again, really cool music
:thu:
these will stay on my playlist, next to maybe 5 other clips from HCAF

Thanks mate. And don't forget to post your stuff I love listening to clips. Cheers, Lucius

Archived