Vile lyrics...

u6crash

• Members

I posted this in the guitar forum with no serious response and then realized that there is a songwriting forum. This would be my first post here.

Eh...I wrote some lyrics while at work and they ended up to be very vile stuff. Not all of it's bad, but it's got a lot of content I don't talk about or make light of in day to day conversation. I'm a pretty wholesome person. At one point in life I seriously considered going into seminary (that's been a while ago though). I thought maybe only vile and disgusting people wrote gross lyrics, but now I've just done it. Maybe it was my id sneaking up on me. I feel pretty wrong about it, but at the same time, the lyrics are a little funny. Has this happened to anyone?

• Members

Originally posted by u6crash

I posted this in the guitar forum with no serious response and then realized that there is a songwriting forum. This would be my first post here.

Eh...I wrote some lyrics while at work and they ended up to be very vile stuff. Not all of it's bad, but it's got a lot of content I don't talk about or make light of in day to day conversation. I'm a pretty wholesome person. At one point in life I seriously considered going into seminary (that's been a while ago though). I thought maybe only vile and disgusting people wrote gross lyrics, but now I've just done it. Maybe it was my id sneaking up on me. I feel pretty wrong about it, but at the same time, the lyrics are a little funny. Has this happened to anyone?

What's wrong with vile lyrics? Especially if you can see humor in them. I wrote an entire album's worth of lyrics that were really lowbrow, but it's not like it's a sign that I'm going to turn into a axe murderer or a child molester.

I say relax, purge the evil lyrics, record them, and have some fun listening back to them every now and then. Black humor and the occasional gross out are nothing to be ashamed of.

• Members

I feel pretty wrong about it, but at the same time, the lyrics are a little funny. Has this happened to anyone?

No.

Every time a stupid song comes on the radio, my mind immediately starts making up vile lyrics usually having to do with unwholesome sexual depravity to replace the original lyrics.

It's theraputic. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Crustycabs

No.

Every time a stupid song comes on the radio, my mind immediately starts making up vile lyrics usually having to do with unwholesome sexual depravity to replace the original lyrics.

It's theraputic.
:D

At my old job, we used to have a contest to see who could come up with the most depraved and filthy lyrics, with points for originality, vulgarity, and matching the meter of the original tune.

Here's a version of Britney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time" that I did at work one day and ground my deparment to a halt for 15 minutes, especially with the dance routine I did for the last minute or so.

http://www.thisisnotanexit.com/SomeGuyNamedRob/sgnr-0066.html

• Members

Okay, here are my vile lyrics. I'm not sure where I pulled these from, but only the first verse is partially warned. Keep the kids away from the computer screen because after reading this it will be clear that I've been watching too much cable TV. Let me know what you think. Imagine it as a simple 3-4chord song, maybe with country undertones:

I hate my {censored}in' job

At the factory on Fourteenth street

It might not be so bad if it weren't for the gosh darn heat

My coworkers have fewer fingers than toes and only seven of those

'Cause that machine in the corner will suck your digits right off or so the story goes

At the restaurant on Second and Sloan

I spend most of my time listening to customers bitch and moan

I've been on my feet for eleven hours so why don't you cut me some friggin' slack

Or I just might whack off in your spicy chicken club topped with bacon and monterey jack

At the VD Clinic on First and Pine

Cause every Joe that walks in there thinks his problem are bigger than mine

I tell 'em discharge, blood, and vomiting is no fun, but at least you're getting laid

Because at the end of the month all I can say for myself is that some of my bills are paid

As a businessman in a suit

I know that if I can't save the company money that I'm sure to get the boot

My hot secretary wants me to run away with her and start a brand new life

I know it's wrong but I'm tempted because she's got fewer kids than me and my nag of a wife

As the minister in this town

All the patrons in the church want me to turn their frown upside down

They want me and God to start a crusade against all injustice and hate

Little do they know that during the Sunday Service I'd like to steal from the collection plate

• Members

Okay, here are my vile lyrics. I'm not sure where I pulled these from, but only the first verse is partially warned. Keep the kids away from the computer screen because after reading this it will be clear that I've been watching too much cable TV. Let me know what you think. Imagine it as a simple 3-4chord song, maybe with country undertones:

At the factory on Fourteenth street

It might not be so bad if it weren't for the gosh darn heat

My coworkers have fewer fingers than toes and only seven of those

'Cause that machine in the corner will suck your digits right off or so the story goes

At the restaurant on Second and Sloan

I spend most of my time listening to customers bitch and moan

I've been on my feet for eleven hours so why don't you cut me some friggin' slack

Or I just might whack off in your spicy chicken club topped with bacon and monterey jack

At the VD Clinic on First and Pine

Cause every Joe that walks in there thinks his problem are bigger than mine

I tell 'em discharge, blood, and vomiting is no fun, but at least you're getting laid

Because at the end of the month all I can say for myself is that some of my bills are paid

As a businessman in a suit

I know that if I can't save the company money that I'm sure to get the boot

My hot secretary wants me to run away with her and start a brand new life

I know it's wrong but I'm tempted because she's got fewer kids than me and my nag of a wife

As the minister in this town

All the patrons in the church want me to turn their frown upside down

They want me and God to start a crusade against all injustice and hate

Little do they know that during the Sunday Service I'd like to steal from the collection plate

You say "{censored}" but hold back with a "gosh darn" - that kills me.

• Members

Originally posted by SomeGuyNamedRob

You say "{censored}" but hold back with a "gosh darn" - that kills me.

yeah I thought that was good. I have a real problem saying adverse things about God and the last verse was probably the toughest to write.

• Members

Hell, this deserves an indie quasi-industrial rock treatment - ala Butthole Surfers. I'd love to use these in a song now that I read them again.

• Members

yeah I thought that was good. I have a real problem saying adverse things about God and the last verse was probably the toughest to write.

I think you would be dishonest and doing a disservice to your song by not putting it in ther though. God knows you love him. It's a song, it's expression of opinion and thought at a reflection in time.

It's why I don't buy most Christian music at all. But I used to love King's X. King's X were Christians but admitted they had doubts about things, and that they were human, therefore penetrable.

To me some of the reason that Christian music isn't bigger than it is is because most of it really wraps itself up in this oppressive 'I love God' shell. I do have some friends in the industry though, so I understand it's not so much the artists as the record companies themselves. (yes folks, even Christian record lablels are of the devil).

No one feels like that all the time. No one, not the greatest Christian on earth. So what it does as opposed to welcoming in Christians so they can share the joy of their religion is it ends up alienating them to wonder why they have more negative thoughts than the people writing these songs.

I guess in summation....don't make apologies about your song. It's a song. It came from you, you can act like you didn't feel that way, but if you didn't you woudn't have come up with it. You'd have to either feel it or sympathize with someone who felt like that.

It reminds me of a show I saw on Oprah with Ice T. They asked him and some other black guys on there what they thought of the new Guns N' Roses song that featured racist and homophobic marks like 'niggger' and 'faggot'. I was really surprised. Ice T said it didn't bother him and he felt that way himself a lot of times, and was sure many people did. He didn't believe that in their hearts they were truly racist but expressing one frame of mind that they had at a point in time. Like a snapshot.

Before anyone even gets the wise idea....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I beg of you not to turn this into a religious discussion. Take it to Open Jam. This is about songwriting and lyricism.

• Members

"Gotta go to the clinic cause I got that VD,

Cain't ya hear me screaming cause it hurts when I pee!"

Sung to the tune of "Gator Country" by Molly Hatchet

I have spent my entire life making fun of songs...I think it came about from having a Dad and Grandpa who would turn the sound off of the TV and "Mystery Science Theater 3000" it...they were 20 years ahead of their time. :D

I played in one band that did 50 coversongs, and we rewrote the lyrics to every one of them, and we made them prety nasty..but you know what....you could see the people in the audience who were paying attention to the lyrics because they would either look REALLY Confused (they were thinking "I didn't know THAT LINE was in that song!") or they would be laughing their asses off...just as we were. Sometimes you would have to look away from the audience and laugh....because if you made eye contact while you were singing "She's got, big tits and she spreads her thighs, told you to bring anal-ease tonight." (Two Tickets to Paradise-by Eddie Money) you knew that was it - you'd lose it.

Or one of my favorites was "Love that Feeling in my hands" (Love lies Bleeding in my hands by Elton John, which my leadsinger turned into an "Ode to Masturbation".)

Tim

Archived