What made you want to learn guitar?

rememberduane

• Members
Sorry to hear it, but you're probably better off without, you know?

My dad was inspiring because he worked long hours to support us, and gigged every weekend to bring in more money. He didn't have more than 2 guitars and a Marshall half stack, actually one guitar he built, so it really inspired me more. Cool I guess.

Nothing gay about that man. You're lucky that you guys can share something like that. :thu:

• Members

Mine is kind of a long story.

Dad threw me out of his house at 5 and told me to never come back - haven't seen him since. A long hate grew from there - I wanted to show him that I was better than him, without any of his influence. So I started singing, he could sing and so would I. Got into choir and bands and whatnot as a singer but never knew guitar. Finally I wanted to learn how to write my own music, without the help of anyone else, so I learned. I bought this HORRIBLE $10 Applause acoustic with action roughly about 1.5 inches high, it hurt like hell to play but I did it anyway. I was told that when you are starting to play -it was normal for your fingers to bleed - so when they bled - I didn't see anything wrong with it. I watched my lead guitarist play every day and I would go home and replicate that. And now I play guitar and sing. Still don't talk to the pops - but who cares right?

• Members

My brother bought a used Yamaha bass from some guy, and I was like "ohh bass" I'd always ask him to try it and i'd even play it when he left the house :thu:. Eventually I wanted a one of my own, expect I wanted an electric guitar and not a bass because....well we all know guitar is better than bass:thu: Couple months later I went to a music store and I got a Jay Turser guitar and an Ibanez ToneBlaster 15w amp starter kit. My first song was "Seven Nations Army" by The White Stripes:freak:

• Members
My brother bought a used Yamaha bass from some guy, and I was like "ohh bass" I'd always ask him to try it and i'd even play it when he left the house
:thu:
. Eventually I wanted a one of my own, expect I wanted an electric guitar and not a bass because....well we all know guitar is better than bass:thu: Couple months later I went to a music store and I got a Jay Turser guitar and an Ibanez ToneBlaster 15w amp starter kit. My first song was "Seven Nations Army" by The White Stripes:freak:

Your AV rules dude :eekphil::eekphil::eekphil::phil::phil:

Archived