Crate DX212 ... who out there "gets" a GREAT tone?

IbaneZRuleZ

• Members

I used the DXB112 modeller for a few years when they first came out. i must admit, they can be dialed in to sound very nice. i used a modded Boss CS-3 in front of the amp, i used the Vox AC30 for cleans, and the Marshall for overdriven sounds.

i could get outstanding country - classic rock sounds, but nothing in the heavy rock to metal range.

i did not use the onboard effects, just the reverb.

the amp did not take pedals well, but it liked the compressor in front.

i did some jam nights with the amp and it held its own fairly well.

not my first choice, but they can be dialed in very well.

i always used heavy mids and mid range bass and treble.

never dimed the drive, maybe 3/4 at most.

channel volume was dimed for cleans, and adjusted accordingly for higher drive patches.

• Members

Don't worry about it, it's just this place has it's fair share. As long as you're looking for quality amp tones, then it's all good.
:thu:

Since you approve and if you've probably read my posts, what are you using when you're not "grillin' in Texas"?

I've been playing for 39 years, I'm 44 years old and I am serious about your gear and what you play! NO BS FROM ME!!:D

• Members

Since you approve and if you've probably read my posts, what are you using when you're not "grillin' in Texas"?

I've been playing for 39 years, I'm 44 years old and I am serious about your gear and what you play! NO BS FROM ME!!
:D

Marshall Jubilee 2555, '68 Fender Pro-Reverb, '65 Bassman, and a Vox AD60vtx.

• Members

I think after noodling around until late last night, I think I may have it!

Thanks to my friends shredbadtone and jds22 -- your input was/is greatly appreciated! I hope to keep in touch "IF" I go back to shreddin'!!

The amp's tone is, by far, better than it's sounded in months and I think to tweek just a little more, she may need a new set of pickups!! I'm happy, but not estatic!!!

I'm finished here!! You guys are GREAT!! Talk to you around the forum.

All the best!!

Bob

• Members

I think after noodling around until late last night, I think I may have it!

Thanks to my friends shredbadtone and jds22 -- your input was/is greatly appreciated! I hope to keep in touch "IF" I go back to shreddin'!!

The amp's tone is, by far, better than it's sounded in months and I think to tweek just a little more, she may need a new set of pickups!! I'm happy, but not estatic!!!

I'm finished here!! You guys are GREAT!! Talk to you around the forum.

All the best!!

Bob

New pickups in that guitar I think will really all the difference. I'm tellin ya those Ibby pickups aren't any good what-so-ever as far as my ears are concerned. They are so thin and brittle sounding that it really effects your tone.

• Members

New pickups in that guitar I think will really all the difference. I'm tellin ya those Ibby pickups aren't any good what-so-ever as far as my ears are concerned. They are so thin and brittle sounding that it really effects your tone.

Just checkin' in!!

Thanks again my friend!:thu:

Archived