I saw Prince live on Tuesday evening

Random Hero

• Members

At the O2 Arena, London.

Totally amazing. The guy is a total genius, and puts on a really great show. He played {censored}loads of hits as you can imagine, plus ripped out some killer guitar... aswell as showcasing his piano chops :eek:

Incredible show, would love to see him again, one of the best live shows I've ever seen, probably in the top 2 or 3. :thu: I don't know what else to say other than if you haven't seen him live, you really really should. The guy totally rocks.

By the way, he had purple tolexed Mesa cabs :cool:

The setlist was;

UK Rock n Roll Hall of Fame video intro

Let's Go Crazy

Take Me With U

Come Together The Beatles

Cream

U Got The Look

Musicology incl I Feel Alright James Brown

What A Wonderful World interlude Louis Armstrong

Piano set

Diamonds & Pearls - The Beautiful Ones - Little Red Corvette - Raspberry Beret

Full Band

Lolita

Black Sweat

Kiss

Synth set

Sign O The Times - Alphabet Street - Erotic City (sample) - When Doves Cry - Nasty Girl (sample) - I Wanna Be Your Lover

Purple Rain

Encore

I Feel 4 U

Controversy

Encore

Nothing Compares 2 U

• Members

GEES WHATS UP WITH THE GAY PRINCE THING,,,MUST BE ANOTHER DISGRUNTLED GUITAR HACKER,,USUALY THE KIND THAT SIT IN THEIR TRAILER PARK BEDROOM AND BASH ON GREAT GUITARIST,,PRINCE STATUS AS AN EXELENT MUSICIAN/WRITER/PRODUCER/SINGER /SONGWRITER/ARTIST ,,IN GENERAL CANT BE MATCHED ,,AND WHILE IM NOT AN AVID PRINCE FAN,, HE HAS PAID HIS DUES,,FAR AS GUITARIST,,WATCH HIM IN A LIVE PERFORMANCE AND IT WILL PROBILY PISS YOU OFF,,CAUSE HE IS THAT GOOD,, AND MOST GUITAR HACKERS LEAVE WITH THAT JUST CAUGHT PUMPING THE NEIGHBORS DOG LOOK ON THEIR FACE,,,

• Members
GEES WHATS UP WITH THE GAY PRINCE THING,,,MUST BE ANOTHER DISGRUNTLED GUITAR HACKER,,USUALY THE KIND THAT SIT IN THEIR TRAILER PARK BEDROOM AND BASH ON GREAT GUITARIST,,PRINCE STATUS AS AN EXELENT MUSICIAN/WRITER/PRODUCER/SINGER /SONGWRITER/ARTIST ,,IN GENERAL CANT BE MATCHED ,,AND WHILE IM NOT AN AVID PRINCE FAN,, HE HAS PAID HIS DUES,,FAR AS GUITARIST,,WATCH HIM IN A LIVE PERFORMANCE AND IT WILL PROBILY PISS YOU OFF,,CAUSE HE IS THAT GOOD,, AND MOST GUITAR HACKERS LEAVE WITH THAT JUST CAUGHT PUMPING THE NEIGHBORS DOG LOOK ON THEIR FACE,,,

:confused::confused::confused:

Anyone know what Prince is using for amps? I think I've seen rockerverbs and ad30s in pics.

• Members

Prince is the most complete "performer" I've ever seen. My music tastes run from Country through Rockabilly into Blues, so it's not really about his musical content... but Prince rates as the best show I've ever seen.

Don't go see him for his music (though his funk stuff is awesome), go see him to learn what it is to be an incredible entertainer, and performer. He really twisted my head around about what it is to go out and play for people, to work the crowd, and entertain them, not just play guitar at them. I don't try to dance or sing like him, but his show really is on a totally different level than almost anything else I've seen.

• Members
Prince Rogers Nelson - him and I could sign something the same - P. Nelson.

:thu:

I'm only 6 steps away from being Prince.
:D

:lol:

Prince owns mother{censored}ers. There is a reason why I have his entire discography (though admittedly a lot of it is hit or miss).

His first two records have some awesome fuzz solos.

Archived