Cost of your gear so far...

vice2.0

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Marc -- How long have you had the Anderson and how do you find the pups? Bet it's chimey and sweet thru the Z. I've come this close to buying an anderson a couple times. Just recently opted for a parker mojo with an amazing neck and surprising tone instead of a beautiful anderson classic. May still get one some day.

Honestly, my rig kicks ass, and I'm not just saying that either. That guitar is a 2000. I have the vintage voicing pickups on my Anderson, and they spank nicely through the Z, which is kind of a cross between a Super Reverb and a Vox. Those Parker guitars are awesome. I played one a while back and loved the neck.

• Members

Suuuuweet. There's a couple of different guys locally I've seen playing thru Z's with andersons or suhrs -- not one of them has a bad tone yet none of them quite sound the same either . That "SR / Vox hybrid" is a good way to describe it -- sparkly, bit compressed, very dynamic -- has that Dave Evans "Even when I'm gainy I've buckets-o-tone" tone.

• Members

Ok... not to much compared to a lot of you guys but i just got into this forum about three months ago and have been emptying my bank account since...

Cheap Strat-100

Ibanez RG- Free

Ibanez Sa- 500

Line 6 Spider- 300

Crate Blue voodoo- 200

Peavey Cabinet- 100

Boss ME50- 300

Mesa BOogie 2X12- 375

Peavey 6505+- 700

Fender Deville 2X12- 500

Martin D-1- 600

Totalllll= 3675$ (for a 17 year old working a less than part time minimum wage job its a lot of money ;) )

• Members

wow, lemme see here

framus cobra: 2000

roadcase: 300

splawn 4x12: 700

road case: 400

splawn 4x12a: 750

splawn 2x12: 600

mark III: 700

mesa 1x12: 150

mesa 2x12: 250

boss tu2: 80

maxon od808: 120

boss gt6: 150

sm57: 90

i5: 80

e609: 90

toneport: 100

cables etc. 200 (about)

fender tele: 225

ltd ec300: 425

lted ec300at: 375

schecter c1e: 400

ltd mv300: 400

ltd mv300: 275

ltd ec1k: 750

washburn 7: 100

ibanez sr800: 350

engl e530: 410

epi valve jr: 100

gutierrez: 1600

condenser mics: 200

alesis mixer: 350

pc for recording: 580

fruity loops: 100

guitar pro: 60

adobe audition: 200

...that's about all of it i think...

wow, i knew there was a reason i never did this before...that's just shy of $14k :freak:

some of it was new, other stuff was used, some of the used stuff i got sweet deals on

i'm 23, been playing around 10 years...didn't get into buying gear till about 6 years ago

• Members

Suuuuweet. There's a couple of different guys locally I've seen playing thru Z's with andersons or suhrs -- not one of them has a bad tone yet none of them quite sound the same either . That "SR / Vox hybrid" is a good way to describe it -- sparkly, bit compressed, very dynamic -- has that Dave Evans "Even when I'm gainy I've buckets-o-tone" tone.

Ya exactly. I just picked up an Eternity overdrive, and it absolutely kills through the Z. The Eternity has to be the most organic pedal I've ever tried. It's pricey, but worth every penny. I play a lot of funk and R n' B type stuff, and the Z/Anderson combo with a good OD and compressor works wonders.

• Members

A lot of you have smaller rigs than I would have though, as my rig is fairly small, I just don't need very much.

I play in a jam band and we do some heavy chording but not really any chugga stuff. I pretty much use my volume and tone knobs to get most of my sound thru my Gh50 as it only has one channel and I am {censored}ty at stomping on boxes.

I use the Vetta II on some of songs where we play trippy type {censored} or when we have a dj with us jamming because its cool to have the atmosphereic (sp?) guitar tones with all the delay and chorus or flange and phase.

I only gig and having a bunch of {censored} at home and to go on the road with would blow!

• Members

Ya exactly. I just picked up an Eternity overdrive, and it absolutely kills through the Z. The Eternity has to be the most organic pedal I've ever tried. It's pricey, but worth every penny. I play a lot of funk and R n' B type stuff, and the Z/Anderson combo with a good OD and compressor works wonders.

Damn, just heard some nice clips of the Maz sr/jr over at the Z forum.

Must say the Maz Jr and Pre SE Jr low watters are damned tempting.

Only found a few clips of the eternity, seems to be getting all thumbs up from its brethren.

Thanks for the tips.

Archived