I think im getting scammed....

Aaron SS

• Members

I foolishly hit up this deal http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1746086 when my subconscious knew it was too good to be true but i did it anyway, now ill be honest its only been 2 days since i paid but it seems fishy already. The guy said he'd said UPS monday and give me a tracking number. This is what he sent me

I mailed them today. The pedals are individually bubble-wrapped inside a Tech 21 SansAmp box that was lying around and was a perfect fit. I'll get the tracking number to you as soon as the shipping outlet e-mails it to me! They say it should be two to three days, given the short distance. I'll keep you updated, don't worry.

Is the bolded text a possibility with any shipping service or should i be worried?

Contact leading up to sending the cash was great, typical story, less and less responses since

• Members

Ya i was wondering if it was possible he had the items picked up and the company in turn emails him the numbers? That possible?

Either way i can file a paypal claim but im asking now because im gonna request the claim before he gets the cash and can close the account, he did however have 7 positive transactions with paypal (paypal showed him as verified when i sent the money)

• Members

I may be , and could very well be, an Idiot. Now that I think of it, It is confirmed...I am. However, any outlet that ships usually puts the Tracking Number on the REciept Ticket. Even on-line Shippers will give you a number.

I have shipped things and Asininely lost the Ticket. This may be the case.

• Members

Bummer. And it looks like folks warned you early on in the thread you linked too.

You gotta use some common sense when dealing with New members and deals too good too be true.

Hopefully all will work out but I see red flags all over that guy and his ad.

• Members

Bummer. And it looks like folks warned you early on in the thread you linked too.

You gotta use some common sense when dealing with New members and deals too good too be true.

Hopefully all will work out but I see red flags all over that guy and his ad.

Ya sadly they wrote up the warning after i paid (i admittedly should've seen it myself) so it was a too little too late thing

Told him hes got an hour to provide a tracking number, wether he sent the pedals or not it doesnt matter, im not going to mess around with $400 at stake

• Members

Na please dont do that, i dont need to resort to tactics like that to get stuff done, ive now confirmed he is who he says he is/is from where he said hes from. But that blog clearly states that his pedal is broken so ive got ground for the paypal claim that i just filed

• Members

I foolishly hit up this deal
when my subconscious knew it was too good to be true but i did it anyway, now ill be honest its only been 2 days since i paid but it seems fishy already. The guy said he'd said UPS monday and give me a tracking number. This is what he sent me

I mailed them today. The pedals are individually bubble-wrapped inside a Tech 21 SansAmp box that was lying around and was a perfect fit.
I'll get the tracking number to you as soon as the shipping outlet e-mails it to me!
They say it should be two to three days, given the short distance. I'll keep you updated, don't worry.

Is the bolded text a possibility with any shipping service or should i be worried?

Contact leading up to sending the cash was great, typical story, less and less responses since

it's only been 3 days and u think you're getting scammed? i'd count your chickens after they hatch at least.

• Members
How bout you read the rest of the thread first
;)

I did. Some dude's blog about how his pedals don't work doesn't necessarily mean anything - he could be a MORON and not know how to work them, was using a bad power supply/batteries, etc.. The blog raises some eyebrows, most definitely, but I wouldn't start {censored}ting bricks until it's found that the pedals don't work, knowwhatImean?

Similarly, I'd wait longer than 2 days after the item ships to figure out whether or not they're going to show up.

Archived